Howdy.. Finally took the plunge. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Howdy.. Finally took the plunge.

I have been lurking here since 2008!! I am a long-time C-10 Connie pilot who finally traded my Connie on a new 2012 Versys!
This forum is the only one that seems as robust and complete as my COGer forum.
My first question is do I want the pack-Jack or pit-bull type lift and spools.
I just want something for chain maintence and oil chages in my garage.
Thanks!!
Morgan2112 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Member
 
El Tig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)


I love my T-rex stands. I got the ones that go with the fastest color...




http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?category=45

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
El Tig is offline  
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Member
 
genehil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mount Dora, FL
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
PackJack is fine for getting the rear wheel off the ground when you're on the road and need to do a bit of maintenance... But for the garage, you'll want some proper spool stands like T-Rex or equivalent... IMHO of course.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
genehil is offline  
 
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Member
 
goat12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Check Harbor Freight. I got mine on sale from them for $28.00 shipped!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
goat12 is offline  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
Check Harbor Freight. I got mine on sale from them for $28.00 shipped!
Thanks GOAT
Are you talking about a stand with spools or for that price harbor freight's version of pack-jackie????
I have searched harbour freight's site and can only find motorcycle jack/lift for $175.00? Thanks!

Last edited by Morgan2112; 05-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Morgan2112 is offline  
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)


I have have the Pitbull forward handle rear stand. I like it because I can hold the left handlebar grip to steady the bike and the rear of the tire is open so no trip hazard or stand in the way while working on the rear wheel.



Capn Kirk is offline  
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Captain!!!
Can I ask how much, I've been leaning toward the standard rear stands from T-rex for $75.
Saw some rear pit bulls for around a $100, but that was at a triumph stealerShip.
I picked my 2012 V Over the new Tigers and their high non-negoiatable MSRP (Stealership)!

Last edited by Morgan2112; 05-21-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Morgan2112 is offline  
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 8,624
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan2112 View Post
Thanks Captain!!!
Can I ask how much, I've been leaning toward the standard rear stands from T-rex for $75.
Saw some rear pit bulls for around a $100, but that was at a triumph stealerShip.
I picked my 2012 V Over the new Tigers and their high non-negoiatable MSRP (Stealership)!
Here is the setup I purchased from SportBikeTrackGear.com

1 Pit Bull Spooled Forward Handle Rear Stand
(F0042-, F0043-001) @ $139.95 = $139.95

1 Pit Bull Forklift & Converter Motorcycle Front Stand Combo
(none, Std. pin + #2 adapter, F0025-000) @ $194.95 = $194.95

1 Pit Bull Delrin Swingarm Spools
(10mm Kawasaki F0023-000, Black only) @ $18.95 = $18.95

This front end setup allows me to lift by the forks as well as the triple tree.

There are more cost effective stands out there that do the same job. I will attest that these stands are built like tanks, and are solid and will outlast me. (Not saying that the others aren't, I do not have experience with them but many here use them and like them). When I started looking for stands, several here had the Pitbull's so that's the route I took and they are made in the USA .
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OK thanks again my Captain and THX for the welcome KIWI.
How's life in the southern hemi????
Any idea what the GOAT was referring to at Harbour Freight???
-Later
Morgan2112 is offline  
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Member
 
Capn Kirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 4,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan2112 View Post
Any idea what the GOAT was referring to at Harbour Freight???
-Later
Look for coupons and sales and you can get this one cheap!!!



http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html
Capn Kirk is offline  
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Member
 
goat12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan2112 View Post
Thanks GOAT
Are you talking about a stand with spools or for that price harbor freight's version of pack-jackie????
I have searched harbour freight's site and can only find motorcycle jack/lift for $175.00? Thanks!
http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html

Is the one I got. Just checked order and it turns out when on sale I paid 35$ shipped. Regardless; if you shop around I doubt you'll find another in this price range... Good luck!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
goat12 is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I like my Redline stand as I can move the bike around and park it close to the garage wall. http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog...-stand-package
svalgoma is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 8,624
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan2112 View Post
THX for the welcome KIWI.
How's life in the southern hemi????

-
Well a month away from shortest day, -7 C frost last sunday morning but the days are still getting up to 18C as it was today so we can have a great temp dif where i live. preparing for a very cold ride to the coldest part of NZ for the brass monkey motorbike rallyin 9 days to camp out in my wife's cheap arse two man tent that i have to sleep on diagonal to fit and i only 5'8.

May be in the northern hemi your summer 2013 as a good excuse to excape winter here, north america on my wish list.
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Well a month away from shortest day, -7 C frost last sunday morning but the days are still getting up to 18C as it was today so we can have a great temp dif where i live. preparing for a very cold ride to the coldest part of NZ for the brass monkey motorbike rallyin 9 days to camp out in my wife's cheap arse two man tent that i have to sleep on diagonal to fit and i only 5'8.

May be in the northern hemi your summer 2013 as a good excuse to excape winter here, north america on my wish list.
Wow what a difference a Hemi Makes!
Sounds like a damn hobbit tent.
I guess your wife is pretty petiate?
I hope you really enjoy Brass Monkey - what's it like?
Morgan2112 is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 8,624
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan2112 View Post
I hope you really enjoy Brass Monkey - what's it like?
Never been to a brass monkey but they do boast the largest bonfire in the country and free wood for any of the fire drums around the site to keep warm and free hot soup.
http://www.brassmonkeyrally.org.nz/images
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Never been to a brass monkey but they do boast the largest bonfire in the country and free wood for any of the fire drums around the site to keep warm and free hot soup.
http://www.brassmonkeyrally.org.nz/images
Looks interesting!!
Be sure and tell those Can-AM guys to learn some balance and step up to a proper MotorCycle!!
Morgan2112 is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Morgan2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html

Is the one I got. Just checked order and it turns out when on sale I paid 35$ shipped. Regardless; if you shop around I doubt you'll find another in this price range... Good luck!
$35?? For me it now says $40 with the $6.99 shipping ontop of that???
The T-rex is lookin like the better buy..
Morgan2112 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome