Noob in Oregon. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile Noob in Oregon.

Hello everyone.

I live in Portland, OR working as a Test Engineer. Lived in Oregon my whole life (besides few endeavors elsewhere) and I love the nature. I bought this beautiful bike in order to take it out on the weekends and find some back roads to go camping during the summer.

I had an 89 Honda Elite 80 for a few years until it was stolen last fall and returned in an unusable condition. When the sun started coming out this season I decided I needed a real bike. WOW what a fantastic bike over my 80cc scooter haha. I can now go anywhere over 42 mph and even faster than 30mph up a hill.

I have the Candy Plasma Blue 09. I've only added the BackOffXp so far. Waiting for my funds to replenish from buying the bike before I go into the mods too deep. I bought it used from a guy who garaged it (too bad I don't have a garage at the moment) and kept everything stock with 5,600 miles.

So far, I love this bike. Took a few hundred mile ride with it so far. It did take me about 10 miles around town to fully grasp riding a big bike compared to my scooter. AND I have not dropped it yet!!

Thanks for letting me apart of the group here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	14530  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM

Enjoy it!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Enjoy it!
Thank you! I will! Looking forward to riding any chance I get!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Welcome. Good to see somebody is actually riding. Haven't had mine out all year but looks like next week will be a good one.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Great Color.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I don't like riding in the rain, but this bike is so much fun I bought gear that will work in the rain, just in case it decides to stay too long... especially like last year YUCK. Still, super excited for this next miniature heat wave! WOOO
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
If those are the stock tires. Be careful they are kinda slick in the rain.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 PM

Welcome to the forum and First mod you might want to consider is a better seat the stock one is terrible for long distance riding. Seatconcepts has a kit out for half the price of a new seat.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome Mr green
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
If those are the stock tires. Be careful they are kinda slick in the rain.
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbark View Post
Welcome to the forum and First mod you might want to consider is a better seat the stock one is terrible for long distance riding. Seatconcepts has a kit out for half the price of a new seat.
I've been noticing that myself recently. I think I may have to do something soon. My bum is now sore after a 1.5 hour ride...

Trying to sort out my windscreen as well. I'm 6'4" and I flipped the stock upside down, which helps, but still pretty loud turbulence around my helmet.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Green View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

I've been noticing that myself recently. I think I may have to do something soon. My bum is now sore after a 1.5 hour ride...

Trying to sort out my windscreen as well. I'm 6'4" and I flipped the stock upside down, which helps, but still pretty loud turbulence around my helmet.

Before you spend alot on a big windscreen try this Givi/Stock set-up. You can usally pick up a Givi here or on ebay at a good price. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=19255

I've had Corbin,Baldwin,Russell Day Long and the Kawi Gel Seat. All were better than stock.I've sold all of them and put the stock seat back on and its not so bad with these http://www.shop.motowerk.com/Highway...HWPMT-RevB.htm http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode