Hello From NOLA - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello From NOLA

I have spent the better part of the past week pouring over this site and the Versys threads at Adventure Rider. As a bit of a forum junkie I feel like I am qualified to say that this one is among the best on the web.

Unless something goes terribly wrong, I am picking up a lightly used blue 09 tomorrow morning. I am pretty excited about it. I have owned a LOT of different bikes in the past. Ergonomically, I heavily favor the D/S configuration that the Versys has. The high wide bars and tall seat just feel right to me.

Once I come off probation I'll probably pick your brains on a few topics. FWIW my name is Paul...my screen name is my name spelled backwards. There's a story behind that. I may tell it one day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:06 AM

way to go,

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 10:32 AM

Good luck with your purchase!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome. That's the requisite second post. Tomorrow I'll be free to bombard you with questions!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 PM

Welcome aboard Paul!!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome Paul and a photo of your new horse when you pick it up would be great.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Welcome Paul and a photo of your new horse when you pick it up would be great.
But of course. It's in the rules even if unwritten.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Here she is in her full stock splendor (I did bolt on m GPS and put on a seat pad.) My as new 09 with 175 miles that I got for an even $4000. There are no vibrations I find offputting. I do have the dash buzz from 2800-3800 RPM. Simply putting pressure on the plastic above the gauge assembly silences it. I need to give myself some time with the stock screen, but I suspect I am going to end up with a slightly larger one. I was picking up some buffeting at freeway speeds. I am going to try a different helmet first. That can make a huge difference.

I like this bike. I may with time come to love it. I will order racks for a top and side cases asap. I want either engine guards or frame sliders for tip over protection.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
Here she is in her full stock splendor (I did bolt on m GPS and put on a seat pad.) My as new 09 with 175 miles that I got for an even $4000. There are no vibrations I find offputting. I do have the dash buzz from 2800-3800 RPM. Simply putting pressure on the plastic above the gauge assembly silences it. I need to give myself some time with the stock screen, but I suspect I am going to end up with a slightly larger one. I was picking up some buffeting at freeway speeds. I am going to try a different helmet first. That can make a huge difference.

I like this bike. I may with time come to love it. I will order racks for a top and side cases asap. I want either engine guards or frame sliders for tip over protection.

My buzz was just like yours.It was an easy fix right above the headlight housing theres a tab my vibration came from there i just put some velcro in between the tab and buzz is gone. Links below for crash bars and luggage

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....Category_Code=

http://www.sporttour.com/shopdisplay...D+Givi+Luggage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
My buzz was just like yours.It was an easy fix right above the headlight housing theres a tab my vibration came from there i just put some velcro in between the tab and buzz is gone. Links below for crash bars and luggage

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts....Category_Code=

http://www.sporttour.com/shopdisplay...D+Givi+Luggage

Thanks for the links. I actually have side and top cases, I just need the mounting racks. Can you show me a picture of how you stopped the buzz. I am trying to visualize what you are talking about and I am coming up short.

Thanks,
Paul
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the links. I actually have side and top cases, I just need the mounting racks. Can you show me a picture of how you stopped the buzz. I am trying to visualize what you are talking about and I am coming up short.

Thanks,
Paul

Hey Paul i'll go take a photo and post it. That link is for the racks.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:

Thanks,
Paul

Here ya go the first photo show the velcro in the gap where the tad goes. I'll have to clean it up a buddy of my GF's son saw it and was pulling at it till i told him why it was there. The second photo you can see the spot where the tab is below the windscreen and in between the 2 blue pieces of plastic. You might want to try your windscreen like mine before you spend money on something else.Its the stock screen upside down with an extra set of holes drilled so it could be raised. It works really good for me at the moment.

IMG_1250 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_1251 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Our buzz may be coming from a different place. I press with mild to medium pressure as pictured and it stops.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Our buzz may be coming from a different place. I press with mild to medium pressure as pictured and it stops.

Yep it was the same here i stuffed a rag under there and all kinds of other stuff to do with the dash.The buzz would go away for a very very short period of time then returned. Then i put the velcro in the place i told you and no more buzz. Just try it before you spend alot of time on other fixes.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep it was the same here i stuffed a rag under there and all kinds of other stuff to do with the dash.The buzz would go away for a very very short period of time then returned. Then i put the velcro in the place i told you and no more buzz. Just try it before you spend alot of time on other fixes.
Thanks, I'll give it a try!
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2012, 12:54 AM

Welcome Paul. Your backwards spelled name sounds like a Cambodian thinggie Nice blue, I am sure you'll find the twisties to be a piece of cake.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode