Almost one year old - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Almost one year old

Hi: Go my '07 Versys last year and love it. Had a Vulcan 800 before that, the a '99 ZRX1100 before that.
The Versus is great. I am over 6 feet tall, so seat height it good. I would like some panniers and a rear fender elimination kit this year. Any ideas?

That's it for now. Glad to have found this site.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great to have you on the forum, Chris!

I had a Vulcan 900 LT before I got my Versys, so I think I have some idea what the switch to the new bike felt like for you. I'm 6' 5" and 215 pounds - and the Versys fits me perfectly. Ahhhh, what a great feeling to have a bike that fits AND is fun, too!

I've got a "tail tidy" on order from Ducati Omaha - they had to go to Europe to get it, since their U.S. supplier was out of them. I want to get rid of the long plastic tail extension, but keep the stock tail lights, so I passed up the various "undertail" kits that were available. Those undertails are sleek and sexy with their integrated LED tail lights . . . but I want to have the stock amber lights sticking out to grab the attention of drivers, especially when I'm using luggage for touring. As I mentioned in another posting I made today (in the "Cosmetic Modifications" subforum), I'm using a luggage package from Nelson Rigg that's very quick to remove from (and replace on) the bike. Hard panniers are, in extreme situations, more rugged and they are always more weatherproof . . . and they often add a nice "custom" touch to the bike. It just depends on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

Enjoy your Versys - and the forum!

Kevin McClearey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode