Satisfied Wife - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Satisfied Wife

Hey,
I am the wife of a man who owns a Versys motorcycle. I thought at first that it was a toy for him but soon found out that I could also enjoy riding on it also. The seat is comfortable enough for me to ride on the back no problem. We enjoy taking rides together and he has added some extras to make it more comfortable for me to ride on the back of the bike. Can't wait for the warm weather to ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
OK. The title made me think of something else. Like riding the Versys was emotional therapy for your husband and relieved his stress so now he had the energy and desire to satisfy his wife.

Enjoy spending time with your mate. Get some bluetooth headsets so you can share the experience while you ride.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysaki View Post
Hey,
I am the wife of a man who owns a Versys motorcycle.
Warm welcome Mrs. Wife!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Great to hear. Got any pics?

I 2nd the headset idea. I put one on my passenger's helmet for a ride around the block today.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012Mar11_1_640.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	14026  

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)

Last edited by hdatontodo; 03-12-2012 at 11:41 AM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysaki View Post
he has added some extras to make it more comfortable for me to ride on the back of the bike
What did he add? I ask because wife-comfort will be a big factor in which bike I choose to buy.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Warm welcome Mrs. Wife!!
Hi Mrs Wife, you could do what my wife done and have your own profile as she is mrskiwi41 and does not own a versys but she has ridden my very fast orange one.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 AM

Good on You! Enjoy the ride....

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 AM

Welcome!

My wife and you can agree that the Versys is fun to ride. She's gotten used to us riding the twisties and doesn't panic scream each time we negotiate a turn

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 07:15 PM

Wish I could get mine to even ride on one! It kills me because she actually rode a dirt bike growing up and I didn't, and yet she won't ride or be ridden now (on motorcycles, lol)!

2009 Versys - 5000k
1982 Yamaha XJ 550 - 34k
1995 Suzuki DR 125SE - 1.9k
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macros10 View Post
Wish I could get mine to even ride on one! It kills me because she actually rode a dirt bike growing up and I didn't, and yet she won't ride or be ridden now (on motorcycles, lol)!
My wife decided to learn to ride about 4 years ago. We took the class together and she has many thousands of miles on her V-Star 650. I know what you mean. Another something nice that we can share.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 11:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to buffamazon
My hubby and I both ride, but never on the same bike. He has a ZX-10R, which may be the worst passenger ride EVER.

I ride my Versys and am much happier, especially when we ride longer than an hour and have to give him a chiropractic adjustment to get him off that damn crotch rocket...LOL

09 Versys In Go-Fast Green
Acerbis Pro Pack Handguards
Ogio Tailbag
Ogio Saddlebags
Vortex 44T Sprocket
Wolo Bad Boy Air horn
Trackside 12 volt power adaptor
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 02:55 PM

My charming wife - and she is that and more - has little interest in riding on the passenger's seat. She said if she's going to ride she wants her own motorcycle. And, guess what. She has her own motorcycle. She decided on a Suzuki S40 Boulevard, and though cruisers don't particularly appeal to me, she loves it and that's what counts. She even rags me that her 650 is actually larger than my 650 (653cc versus 649 cc). I counter with the fact that her thumper is slow and pumps out more heat than a decent sized nuclear reactor.

The bottom line is that "When mama's happy, the house is happy." I don't know who originally spoke that little gem, but he (that's an assumption) certainly had more than a little insight.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
She decided on a Suzuki S40 Boulevard, and though cruisers don't particularly appeal to me, she loves it and that's what counts. She even rags me that her 650 is actually larger than my 650 (653cc versus 649 cc). I counter with the fact that her thumper is slow and pumps out more heat than a decent sized nuclear reactor.
My wife had the little S40 before she changed to a C50, she changed as she felt the S40 a little small but has admitted now we are selling the C50 it was a little big and if she got back into bikes she would get somthing a bit lighter like a sportster, not a cruiser fan myself but that spins her wheels. She gives me a lot of stick about my plastic bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode