passenger backrest?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
passenger backrest??

does anyone out there have any good suggestions for a passenger backrest for my 2009 versys?? i already have GIVI saddle bags, so im a little familiar with their equipment, but i didnt know if anyone had any good options already or if they have any suggestions. anything helps, thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 PM

some givi top cases have accessory back pads that can be used as a passenger back rest, also corbin seats can have backpads in them
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 AM

Corbin seats have a backrest option, as does Russel. Or you could just build one. Here's mine for the driver.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

IBA # 49372

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 AM

Per advice from this forum, I mounted a topcase. Dual purpose, passenger backrest as well as storage.

This one is the Givi V46NT on a SW Motech Alurack.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

capn kirk - how is the riding position for the passenger?? is it comfortable, or do they feel cramped? i ask all of this because i am heading to Sturgis Bike Rally again this year in South Dakota, and when i went last year, i was on my V by myself most of the ride. My girlfriend is going to be riding all the time with me when im there, and i want something thats comfortable for her on the back, without me having to spend $$$$ to rent a cruiser for the week.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevandit View Post
capn kirk - how is the riding position for the passenger?? is it comfortable, or do they feel cramped? i ask all of this because i am heading to Sturgis Bike Rally again this year in South Dakota, and when i went last year, i was on my V by myself most of the ride. My girlfriend is going to be riding all the time with me when im there, and i want something thats comfortable for her on the back, without me having to spend $$$$ to rent a cruiser for the week.
No complaints from my 10 year old daughter on rides ~30 minutes. Also no complaints from adult riders on the <2 hours rides. If you are logging hard core hours, I really can't speak as I ride up front and have not had a passenger for such long rides.

What I can say is that I bought the Givi case with pad to be used as a back rest only and removed for solo rides but have found the storage quite handy so it never comes off. Since you already have the side bags, you may or may not need more storage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode