what exhaust should i choose? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
what exhaust should i choose?

ive owned my 2009 Versys for around a year now, and im looking to get an aftermarket exhaust for it. no problem with the stock one, i just wanted a deeper, meaner sound to come from it...yet i dont want to have a insanely loud or obnoxious sound to come from it, because i usually go for long rides. any suggestions?? anything helps...ive looked at plenty of brands; two brothers, vance and hines, yoshimura, scorpio....any help is greatly appreciated! thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM

I have a Yoshimura exhaust and I am very happy with it. Looks good, and sounds a little tougher. On long rides, the sound isn't that bad at all. When you rev it up, it does get loud then, but at cruising speed, it isn't that bad.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

How well does it position under the bike? Do you know which model it is?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 PM

It is the TRC-D Model. I have a video of the exhaust, but no pictures. I tried to upload the video but the format didn't jive with the site. I will try to upload some pictures.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://www.amazon.com/08-10-KAWASAKI-VERSYS-YOSHIMURA-SLIP-/dp/B003155CGS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329451469&sr=8-2

006 by weljo2001, on Flickr

024 by weljo2001, on Flickr

015 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 PM

IBA # 49372
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 10:56 PM

Thanks for posting the pics for me
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 PM

I have the two brothers pipe with the P1X tip and I get compliments on it all the time. Its not too crazy loud but it is does have a very loud "bark" when you crack the throttle.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin3e9 View Post
Thanks for posting the pics for me
I was just posting my bike for the OP to see with the exhaust on it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 AM

Ohhh, thats your bike.. I love the blue V's. Mine is red, which is cool, but I wish i would have found a good deal on a blue one
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-17-2012, 10:23 AM

I'm in the market for the same thing, there's a Yoshi TRC in stainless steel on Ebay for like $280.00 w/free shipping that's rather tempting. (same one is $333.00 at moto superstore)
The Yoshi says you don't need to add the power commander either, is that the same for the 2bros.?
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Still trying to figure the website out, but thanks for the pics and the video links! They really help out. I found a Yoshi TRC on moto superstore as well... And it is tempting I have to agree. I don't want to mess with a power commander or anything, although I might get it dynoed after whatever I get is put on. Does anyone here with a carbon fiber muffler or muffler tip have problems with scratches or chipping?? I've heard some people have since the muffler sits so low...that idea is pushing me towards the titanium model. Also, does anyone know of a good rear fender deleter, and a rear tire "guard"? It's the piece that sits a few inches above the rear tire...I don't know the name of the piece.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 02:48 AM

I know it's been here before but I realy like the sound of my cherry bomb.

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547

Last edited by cuff; 02-18-2012 at 02:59 AM.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevandit View Post
Still trying to figure the website out, but thanks for the pics and the video links! They really help out. I found a Yoshi TRC on moto superstore as well... And it is tempting I have to agree. I don't want to mess with a power commander or anything, although I might get it dynoed after whatever I get is put on. Does anyone here with a carbon fiber muffler or muffler tip have problems with scratches or chipping?? I've heard some people have since the muffler sits so low...that idea is pushing me towards the titanium model. Also, does anyone know of a good rear fender deleter, and a rear tire "guard"? It's the piece that sits a few inches above the rear tire...I don't know the name of the piece.
A power commander is not needed with the slip-on. I've had no issues with the C/F Yoshi scratching. I have one blemish on the end of my pipe. But that involved being hit by a BMW Sedan and hitting the pavement after impact. I have the PowerBronze Hugger and really like it. http://www.flickr.com/photos/5418178...in/photostream

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 12:42 PM.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

weljo2001,
its never good to hear about a rider or his bike getting hit. hope you and your V are all okay, and i appreciate the response to the power commander question. the pics really help as well cause i dont want the muffler to interfere with the passenger footpegs; if i ever have someone ride with me, i dont want their feet right on the exhaust lol
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevandit View Post
weljo2001,
its never good to hear about a rider or his bike getting hit. hope you and your V are all okay, and i appreciate the response to the power commander question. the pics really help as well cause i dont want the muffler to interfere with the passenger footpegs; if i ever have someone ride with me, i dont want their feet right on the exhaust lol
Then you might want to check out the Scorpion exhaust.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/...=badger-street

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:42 PM

I'm digging these vids. I've got a V on the way, and one of my complaints is that it's too quiet. It sounds like a scooter. I love the exhaust note on my 84 CB700s, and want a bike that sounds like a motorcycle...

I wish these vids were more accurate in their reproduction of the exhaust notes. So far I'm liking the sound of the Cherry Bomb and Scorpion best...but the jury's still out..
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
I'm digging these vids. I've got a V on the way, and one of my complaints is that it's too quiet. It sounds like a scooter. I love the exhaust note on my 84 CB700s, and want a bike that sounds like a motorcycle...

I wish these vids were more accurate in their reproduction of the exhaust notes. So far I'm liking the sound of the Cherry Bomb and Scorpion best...but the jury's still out..
Heres the yoshi without the DB Killer in.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Custom extended Yoshi.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Custom extended Yoshi.

I can vouch that this pipe sounds great as have heard this pipe in person
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode