Newbie - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Howdy from the South.

Z
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Being...

Being a Versys fan, I thought I would drop in and check it out.

Z
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

I saw...

I saw a Versys a little while back at Deal's Gap (NY plates) that was tricked out, as well as, blacked out....looked like a mean piece of military equipment.

Z

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

It kinda gave me the itch. I've seen some BMW GS's rigged out nice but the "black-out" one looked even better.

Z
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

The only thing that wasn't black was the Tourtec bags & top box. Very industrial looking.

Z
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Weljo,

I see you posted a link in the OTD Lounge to a bike build thread I started on another forum. Lowfly43 (my Versys connection/friend) mentioned that it showed up here as well. This started out as a casual ride of a not-quite-complete build to the Last Ride of the Year RTE in Stockton, AL. In a matter of minutes (with help from SmartPhones and Facebook, etc.), it was all over the web...so I dumped the build info in that thread as not to let someone else put it out there for me. I'm am literally stunned how many forums it has shown up on (good or bad responses). I just never would have thought.

I know some people seriously can't comprehend it (level of instrumentation, level of labor) and I respect that. I've been doing long-distance riding for many years, rack up more and more big miles every year and knew what I wanted. This bike is purpose-built and never intended to be about looks. As with a bull-dozer, a locomotive or a drilling rig, as long as its doing what it was intended to do and doing it well, I don't care how it looks. The "purpose" was to have a hard-core, road-eating machine for all conditions and this one is an animal. Although it has only been put back on the road, I've got two IBA rides in on it just recently. In March, I'm doing an 100CCC ride scheduled to get back to Jacksonville just in time for the Iron Butt Pizza Party to do the "Florida Mountain Ride" (SS1000). Although the bike setup has performed fine up to this point, the 6,900 mile loop in 6 days will be a good chance to put it through it's paces and determine if it needs any tweaks or adjustments. I take my motorcycling serious and have for a very long time. Fishing just doesn't do it for me.

I was curious where you saw the thread as I'm trying to connect some of the dots...so far, about 19-20 forums outside of the site of your link that I know of. Nowhere near viral but interesting to see where it went.

Inquiring minds.

Z
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Garage
Zackybilly1,

I thought what you did with the bike was amazing and took some outstanding craftmanship to do. Thats the reason i posted it. I love to fix my bike to be comfortable and well suited to my type of riding. But i'm real good at breaking things not fixing them. I saw the post on the TWT web-site Two Wheeled Texans...http://www.twtex.com/forums/index.php

Thought your user name looked familar. Would love to see more post of projects you've done.

Joseph

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Zackybilly1,

I thought what you did with the bike was amazing and took some outstanding craftmanship to do. Thats the reason i posted it. I love to fix my bike to be comfortable and well suited to my type of riding. But i'm real good at breaking things not fixing them. I saw the post on the TWT web-site Two Wheeled Texans...http://www.twtex.com/forums/index.php

Thought your user name looked familar. Would love to see more post of projects you've done.

Joseph
Weljo Bro. Is it thump down or up...just

Meanwhile Zackybilly 1.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Weljo Bro. Is it thump down or up...just

Meanwhile Zackybilly 1.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post

Anytime..Sorry about the confusion i had click the wrong thing at first. Thought i caught it in time.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Cool. TWT is a good site that I just became aware of and there are many people I know over there from elsewhere.

Thanks for the comments on the mods. It isn't special...just packaged a little different. If I've found any problem with the rig so far, it's the fact that it may inspires too much confidence. It just begs to be run hard and fast...day or night and is geared to do so.

When I do the 100CCC, I'm going to deviate from the norm (far be it from me) and hit I-20 instead of the usual I-10. The only glitch to that is Dallas/Ft.Worth. When I can, I try to pass through your area in the wee hours of the morning to avoid the traffic but if my schedule doesn't permit, in you opinion, whats the best way around if in the busy part of the day?

Z
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackybilly1 View Post
Cool. TWT is a good site that I just became aware of and there are many people I know over there from elsewhere.

Thanks for the comments on the mods. It isn't special...just packaged a little different. If I've found any problem with the rig so far, it's the fact that it may inspires too much confidence. It just begs to be run hard and fast...day or night and is geared to do so.

When I do the 100CCC, I'm going to deviate from the norm (far be it from me) and hit I-20 instead of the usual I-10. The only glitch to that is Dallas/Ft.Worth. When I can, I try to pass through your area in the wee hours of the morning to avoid the traffic but if my schedule doesn't permit, in you opinion, whats the best way around if in the busy part of the day?

Z
You got me there. I haven't driven through Dallas since 2003. I've been in California and Puerto Rico mostly since 2004 and while in Texas just on the Ft.Worth side. But there are quite afew D/FW guys on board here that might chime in on the subject. If you get out around the Los Angeles area let me know i'll take you out for a meal. I'm about 15 minutes from the Seal Beach,Long Beach area.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 PM

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
From way, way down south
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 AM

Welcome!

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode