Hello from Sweden - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Sweden

I have been sneaking in and out on this forum for a couple of months now, collecting interesting info on the Versys and I feel it’s about time I introduced myself. My name is Anders. I live in Sweden, quite close to Stockholm. I bought my 2011 V in October. So far I have put approx. 2 000 km on the meter. I use my bike mainly to commute to/from work and for shorter pleasure trips during the weekends. Sometimes I go for a two or three day spin with family and friends. My previous bike was a 2008 Yamaha XT660 and I must say that this is an improvement.

My XT660 had been good to me during the years and I had no intention whatsoever to get a new bike. Until one day in late August. I found an ugly green bike parked right where I used to park my bike, just outside work. It looked like a Cyclop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclops) in the front and I was thinking: What a weird creature is this? It said Kawasaki on the decals and when I came to my office I began to Google Kawasaki and explore the internet to find out more about the thing. I found lots of positive articles and tests. Some weeks later I had made a decision. I was going to sell my friend, the XT, and buy a new bike. So I did. Here I am now - a most content owner of a beautiful yellow Kawasaki Versys. Can’t wait for the spring to arrive…

As most of you out there have realized there is some room for improvement and personalization when I comes to the V. So far I have got:
-Heated grips (Heaterz)
-Givi windshield
-Foot peg lowering kit (from Motowerk – thanks to this forum)
-Rear Hugger (Black, from Bodystyle)
-Fender extender (Fenda Extenda)
-Givi Top Box w. brake light and a Rack to put it on
-Xenon conversion of the dip

Waiting to show up in the mail:
-Evotech Radiator Guard (why doesn’t Kawasaki put one on from the start?)
-Swingarm Spools
-some extra Windscreen Wellnuts and Plastic Washers in order to be able to adjust the Windscreen more easily, and
-a couple of Mirror Riser/Extenders because I know what my shoulders look like.

Last edited by anders55; 01-06-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 AM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
My first impression of the versys was what a weird looking bike but have got used to the cyclops.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:24 PM

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 PM

I almost did like you when I wanted to sell my previous SV650S. I wonder what it was, made a test at my local dealer and now... in love with my V

"Un intellectuel assis va toujours moins loin qu'un con qui marche" (Michel Audiard)

: 15/09/09 : 9948km - 02/04/12 : 71283 + 53km
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
and enjoy your ride.

safe ride & AGTATT.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Welcome! Man, I love this forum...the world brought together by a cool motorcycle.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! Does the peg lowering kit make much difference in comfort? Does it affect cornering clearance noticeably?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 12:07 AM

Welcome, Anders..

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Many thanx for a heartly welcome
Yes, to me the lowering kit really made a difference. I felt somewhat compressed on the V before putting them on (though only 180 cm short in my socks). I do not notice any cornering difference due to lack of clearance. Haven't pushed the bike that far yet...
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders55 View Post
Yes, to me the lowering kit really made a difference. I felt somewhat compressed on the V before putting them on (though only 180 cm short in my socks). I do not notice any cornering difference due to lack of clearance. Haven't pushed the bike that far yet...
I agree with Anders. The lowering kit makes riding more comfortable. I'm the same height (about 5' 10" to us non-metric types) and I'm much less likely to suffer thigh cramps. Of course, it could be simply that my upper-middle-age legs are more prone to that in the first place.

I also replaced the stock foot pegs with Kawa Concours pegs and like the results. Better purchase for my not-so-small boots.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode