Cruiser to Versys? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Cruiser to Versys?

I see many posts on this subject but I am another possible candidate. Been a cruiser owner for 10 years. Most of my miles are commuting to work, 40 miles round trip everyday. The reason I am looking for something else is I want comfort on the expressways, which the cruiser has, but a better balanced bike that I feel connected to when I ride. I need a fun, sporty, comfortable bike that does highways and byways equally well. So here I am. Dealer visit coming this weekend to see if I can get a test ride on a 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 12:10 AM

Garage
Welcome Kindred Spirit

I learnt on a cruiser, but not many miles.

I love the balance and neutral riding position of the Versys. Here's hoping you do too.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Test ride the versys and i am sure you will not be disappointed

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 AM

"Un intellectuel assis va toujours moins loin qu'un con qui marche" (Michel Audiard)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 15/09/09 : 9948km - 02/04/12 : 71283 + 53km
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 05:03 AM

I came off 24 years of cruisers the last being a C50 2 years ago and have no regrets. It is so much more fun and I can zip down the highway and the Versys is just purring. The test ride sold the Versys. You ride it, you will likely want it.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I own cruisers, touring, dual sport, sport, and the Versys. I would not consider the stock Versys an interstate bike. You will feel the turbulance off the SUVs, MiniVans, and Trucks more than you will on a big heavy cruiser. The Versys is a blast and very easy to ride compared to a cruiser. It is nimble, maneuverable, quick and just loves the curvy hilly terrain.

My ride to work includes 7 miles on a 65MPH parkway. I usually just get into a tucked position if I ride the Versys to work. No problem for 7 miles but I wouldn't want to ride 3 hours like that.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
You will feel the turbulance off the SUVs, MiniVans, and Trucks more than you will on a big heavy cruiser.
My C50 beat me up in the interstate. However it was an 800cc and not a "big heavy cruiser". Night and day when I jumped on the V. Versys is so much smoother on the highway, even for hours on end.

A persons size, build, & gear has a large role in how a person feels on a given machine. A tall person may be in the wind where a shorty like myself is protected from the wind by the stock windscreen. I have found that different helmets act differently in the windstream as well.

Best he test ride and find out for himself.

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 01-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 02:28 PM

My last Street bike (2010) was a classic 1983 V65 Magna with 7000 miles on it. I found my self squirming in the seat after about 45 minutes and my lowerback aching. I can make it longer than that buzzing around on my XR280 back roading. I think it has to do with the bars being flat and up right seating. Looks like the Versys will be a great set up for a moto head like Me.

Life is short..Have fun!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 03:56 PM

Warning! Test ride that puppie and you are doomed.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
Warning! Test ride that puppie and you are doomed.
That is for sure! I went to the ticket to ride event to try out a Ninja 1000. Also tried a concours among others. The last ride of the day was on the '11 Versys. Bought one soon after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode