Potential Versys owner here! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question Potential Versys owner here!

Hi everybody. I'm looking to buy a new bike and I think a Versys might be the one for me.

I'm looking for a bike that can be a 2-up commuter in the city, as well as a 2-up tourer with my riding likely to be maybe 85% paved roads/15% dirt. It has to be able to take panniers and a top case, be comfortable for a rider with pillion, and have a decent range. But most importantly, it has to be easy on my bad back:

I have a compressed disc in my spine that bothers me when I place too much strain on it. I can ride my big motorcycle (1300cc naked Honda) all day long with no back pain at all, but when I tried riding a small scooter (250cc), it killed my back -- probably because of the bolt-upright riding position, weak suspension (I'm 105kg/231lbs), and light vehicle weight (so bumps and vibrations shake the seat)

Is a Versys pretty comfortable for your back? And is it a good DP 2-up tourer? What about with the low gel seat (I'm 5'8") -- is that any less comfortable?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode