Choices - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Choices

It was a beautiful fall day here in NE Wisconsin today, tailor made for a long ride on the Versys I just picked up yesterday. I was stoked to go when my 9 year old daughter said "But Daddy, you promised you'd paint my room today." The only thing missing was her sticking her toe in the ground and turning her foot. End result, her room is now a lovely light blue that she picked out and I still got to go on a very nice short ride just before dinner.

It's supposed to be a beautiful day for a long ride again tomorrow and I can do it knowing I didn't disappoint my daughter, at least not this time.

She's also anxious to go for a ride on the Versys, but I told her not until I have some good seat time to get to know the bike better. She has her gear all ready to go for a low speed ride, but she really wants to get her own dirt bike. Mom's not amused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 PM

Thats about when i started on dirtbikes... a nice like 80cc or a 125cc isn't a bad idea I started on a ttr-125...wonderful little bike, great to learn on and you don't outgrow it immediately...

GRATZ on the bike btw! hope you enjoy her as much as so many people do!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 07:48 AM

My daughter is 9 as well and I will not let her ride with me without a back rest. The back rest I chose was the Givi46NT w/ pad. I thought I would only use it with a passenger but I enjoy the convenient storage.

Be safe! Enjoy the Versys and the time spent with your daughter!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM

I'm glad to hear that you kept your promise to your daughter. I have 4 children ranging in age 23 to 33. The youngest is still at home finishing up her last year of college. They grow up so fast and you can never get those times back. Take advantage of time to spend with your children, you'll be thankful you did later. Both of my younger girls have ridden 2 up with me, and I enjoyed sharing the experence of riding with them. I have thought of getting something in the 250 range for them to ride. Anyway have fun with your children and love them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
To You and your loved ones ...all the best and God bless all.

Ride safe .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode