Lurker Hoping to get a Versys very soon... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Got my Versys!!!

Hey y'all,

Greetings and salutations to all from South Texas. I recently sold my cruiser because after a few years riding I discovered that being a cruiser guy really wasn't me. I want to take long trips, go camping, and be able to carve up The Sisters without heaving to and fro or bottoming out....so I decided on the Versys based on the excellent reviews (MOTY is a plus) and the deep aftermarket that exists. Yeah, it's "only" a 650 parallel twin, but I've read that it can pop wheelies if not careful. Like I said, I'm looking forward to getting one!

Last edited by trashysquid; 09-30-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 10:38 PM

Hey Trashy!

Since you are in TX -- you might look at the San Antonio/motorcycle section on Craigslist. There is a place in Universal City (suburb of S.A.) that has two new '09 Versys' for $3995. If this is legit, and it seems so, it would be an excellent price.

good luck,
Caladan
central TX
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
hope you can find a good deal

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
&

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 AM

You will not find the Versys lacking in performance!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladan View Post
Hey Trashy!

Since you are in TX -- you might look at the San Antonio/motorcycle section on Craigslist. There is a place in Universal City (suburb of S.A.) that has two new '09 Versys' for $3995. If this is legit, and it seems so, it would be an excellent price.

good luck,
Caladan
central TX
Thanks for the tip....picked it up today, a little bit over 5K out the door....I figure that was a deal for a brand new Versys. It's Team Kawasaki Green in color, but for that price I didn't care....plus the cages will certainly see me better.

Some observations from the 35 mile trip back to my house:

1) Stock seat sucks big time. Dunno if I'm used to a cruiser seat that's more plush and not angling down towards the tank, but it's really bad when I start getting a little numb after a 35 minute ride....and I'm not super heavy either (5' 10", 202 lbs.). What's the best remedy for this...re-upholstering (like Sargent seats) or buying another one without breaking the bank?

2) I read some complaints about "buzziness" on the slab at around 70, but for a 650 parallel twin the "buzziness" was more than tolerable for me. Maybe because I'm used to having two big jugs loping along or because I've owned a 650 thumper, but it wasn't enough for me to complain about. Mirrors were a bit buzzy, though....fixes for that?

The instrument cluster is excellent, and having a fuel gauge, two tripmeters and a clock is sweet. In short, I've only owned this bike a few hours and I'm already super stoked about being a Versys owner! Now all I have to do is trick it out for commuting/camping, with lowered pegs and engine guards. Suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode