Potential Versys Owner - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Potential Versys Owner

Hi All,

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario and I'm on the verge of purchasing a Kawasaki Versys but I have one concern. Hopefully this forum can help ...

I guess I can't post until I introduce myself

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

OK, so I love absolutely everything about this bike! I've pretty much decided I want to buy this buke with the exception of the much discussed issue of the seat to peg distance. I'm 6'1" and I can't operate the shifter properly because my knees are way too bent. I've read all the great things about lowering pegs and seat mods; but I can't seem to convince myself that I be comfortable on this bike to go ahead with the purchase. Yes, I have considered the DL650, fits perfect, but like the flickability of the versys over the Suzuki.

So, for those that lowered the pegs and added height to the seat; are you really comfortable?

Thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 6'2" 32-33 inseam with a bad left knee.I added the motowerks peg lowering blocks and got a baldwin tall seat. The lowering pegs lowered 1.3 inches and the seat is an inch taller and also able to sit back an extra inch over stock seat. Solved my problem also added some handle bar risers to allow for a more comfortable ride.

IMG_0768 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0760 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

WOW.

Great pics. Thank you! It really helps.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Garage
There are alot of great seat mods available on the forum. If your handy with that kind of thing. i'm good are tearing stuff up so its cheaper for me to just buy a seat. The motowerks lowering blocks did the most for relieving pressure off my knee's. http://motowerk.com/Versys.aspx

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Garage
Also if your 6'1" sit on the bike and make sure if you look in the mirrors.Its more than likely that all your looking at is your shoulders. If so check out the motowerks mirror extenders. The lowering blocks and mirror extenders were the first 2 things i did to my bike.

Hope this helps.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Also if your 6'1" sit on the bike and make sure if you look in the mirrors.Its more than likely that all your looking at is your shoulders. If so check out the motowerks mirror extenders. The lowering blocks and mirror extenders were the first 2 things i did to my bike.

Hope this helps.
X 2!!! I'm 5' 10" with 31.5" inseam, and I raised the front of my seat 9/16" with washers and longer bolts, added the footpeg lowering and mirror extenders, and can't IMAGINE riding without them!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Concours 14 pegs
What does this mod give you over the stock pegs?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
What does this mod give you over the stock pegs?

They have a much better feel than the stock pegs. Thier beefier than the stock pegs for a better foot hold. More rubber than the stock so cuts down on the vibration i felt when i first got the bike. Also when at a stop and the bike rolls foward the stock pegs use to jam into the back of my calf where as the concours pegs just fold up. They are not cheap but i'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 09:28 PM

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 PM
ggg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdiesel View Post
OK, so I love absolutely everything about this bike! I've pretty much decided I want to buy this buke with the exception of the much discussed issue of the seat to peg distance. I'm 6'1" and I can't operate the shifter properly because my knees are way too bent. I've read all the great things about lowering pegs and seat mods; but I can't seem to convince myself that I be comfortable on this bike to go ahead with the purchase. Yes, I have considered the DL650, fits perfect, but like the flickability of the versys over the Suzuki.

So, for those that lowered the pegs and added height to the seat; are you really comfortable?

Thanks
what the easier fix? make the v strom flickable or raise the versys seat and buy speedy lower peg kit and then get some vario pegs and get them lower againthen add bar raisers maybe $2- 300, v strom fickable cost?? sell it buy another bike

Last edited by ggg; 09-09-2011 at 09:39 PM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdiesel View Post
Hi All,

I'm from Ottawa, Ontario and I'm on the verge of purchasing a Kawasaki Versys but I have one concern. Hopefully this forum can help ...

I guess I can't post until I introduce myself

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella10388 View Post
Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.
and trust will see your guys with the V.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode