Versys Admirer in Houston - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys Admirer in Houston

New member here in the Houston, TX area. No Versys yet, but I have been lurking here for a month or so and am pretty sure that a Versys will be my next bike. Just getting my introductions in so that I can become an active member of the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
what bike are you currently riding?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

My current ride is a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100. It's a great bike, and it's taken a few years to admit that it's not the right bike for me.

It's an excellent open road bike, but geared pretty high. I seldom reach sixth gear, and the high first and second gears are just not well suited to a city environment. It's a dream in fourth gear through 60 mph sweepers, but life dictates that most of my free time to ride is errands and commuting.

I believe that a Versys will get a lot more use for around towns runs that currently cause me to skip the Breva in favor of the truck. I also know that the Versys can handle any weekend trips that I can work into my schedule.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 02:31 PM

Welcome! I've never owned a liter+ bike so I have no words of wisdom for you there. I can say that I bought my V as mainly a commuter that is capable of trips when I can around to them. I've been very pleased with my purchase so far. It's great for getting around town and performs well on the highway also.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 PM

Welcome!!

I have owned my Versys for just a couple of weeks now and couldn't be happier. The Versys is a great commuter (easy to ride, manuvers easy in traffic) and fun weekend tourer. A fun "do it all" bike. Don't think you would be disappointed.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 10:36 PM

From Houston also. I bought mine because my ST and Connie 14 were just to big to drag out of my small garage and make a short drive across town. (I have a great wife) V is great for the big city, light but big enough for my shorter trips. I have rode it up to my place on Lake Livingston a few times. I prefer the bigger bikes for the long trips but there are plenty on this site who will take the V across country. I just got back from a 3300 mile trip on my Connie up to Colorado and back with my sons and saw 4-5 V's fully loaded running thru the Colorado mountains with out of state plates.

You a member of Two Wheeled Texans? There is a '10 for sale on the site right now.

-- Larry --
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
2008 Yamaha Zuma
2004 Honda ST1300
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST/SV View Post
From Houston also. I bought mine because my ST and Connie 14 were just to big to drag out of my small garage and make a short drive across town.

You a member of Two Wheeled Texans? There is a '10 for sale on the site right now.

That's it exactly...a bike that you don't feel like dragging out for a short trip doesn't get many miles unless you are able to make longer rides on a regular basis.

I have lurked some on the TWT site, and have watched classifieds all over the net. Local is easier, but I'm not opposed to a fly-n-ride either. However, the Breva has to get sold first.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 PM

Welcome Archie, if you take the Versys for a test ride you'll probably get that Breva sold in very short order. Do hope you'll be satisfied with the V when you finally do get her under yah!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 AM

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 AM

welcome

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode