I've been a lurker on your forums since April, when I bought my 2011 Red Versys for commuting to my new job - I thought it's about time I actually said "hi"!
Mostly I've been reading the cosmetic mods forums getting an idea of the best choices for things I wanted to add to my bike, and you guys have been utterly awesome in that regard with pictures and pros and cons all over. Thanks to posts here I've now tricked out my V with...
* SW Motech Crash bars - because the pictures showed they covered the areas I wanted and are great supports for highway pegs, plus I know come winter I'll go over at some point and want the bike protected
* Powerbronze Flip Clear windscreen - Because it was cheaper than the Vario, taller than stock and narrow enough not to interfere with the handguards
* Barkbusters S4 Handguards - Again for protection come winter
* Stebel Nautilus Compact horn - Had this fitted by the garage because I don't trust my own skills enough, and I wanted to make sure if I used the horn, the car driver trying to kill me would notice
* Hepco & Becker pannier racks - For the cases, because several people said they were tougher than the SW Motech ones
* 35L Caribou Case panniers - Because after hours and hours of research into what was tough, spacious, reliable, solid and good value for money, the Caribou's won every time against every other case. Anything that's as much a crash protector as a case got my vote and was amazingly cheaper to order direct from CCS than any nearly all of the aluminium options
I've not done much distance in a single trip yet, it's all been commuting so far, but I'm loving this bike and I'll be doing a lot more travelling with it over the years