in due time - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
in due time

I will have a versys, Ive never even ridden one, but what I have seen and read, it is the bike for me. My last bike was a 2002 DRZ400s With a bog bore and FCR carb...I want FI badly. the DR was fun...but not streetwise enough for me...not even close.

My name is Dave, and I am from Ohio, I work as a mechanic and am doing my best to not march down to my local Kawi dealer and sign on the financing line...I just cant do it, I refuse to have another payment for a vehicle, so I will save patiently and pay cash for mine...hopefully I can wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:02 AM

Welcome zigzagg321. Several of us come from dual sport backgrounds like you. If what you are looking for is a street machine with the maneuverability and versatility of a dual sport machine, then you are in good shape to be looking at a Versys.

Keep an eye on Craigslist for used ones. That's how I got mine. There aren't a lot of used ones out there, but there are a few.

Good luck.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagg321 View Post
I will have a versys, Ive never even ridden one, but what I have seen and read, it is the bike for me. My last bike was a 2002 DRZ400s With a bog bore and FCR carb...I want FI badly. the DR was fun...but not streetwise enough for me...not even close.

My name is Dave, and I am from Ohio, I work as a mechanic and am doing my best to not march down to my local Kawi dealer and sign on the financing line...I just cant do it, I refuse to have another payment for a vehicle, so I will save patiently and pay cash for mine...hopefully I can wait.
I admire your will power and I agree that paying cash is the only way to buy anything anymore, except for a house. I paid cash for mine. Those payments are a thing of the past for me. Of course I'm 63 and crocthety. Good luck and I know you'll love the V when you get one.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, yeah I saw the one on craigslist...Id go grab it up, but I am $4000 short at this point oh well...in due time.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 AM

FYI all, there are two Versys on Craigs list in the Seattle area with almost zero miles.

Machog
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM

The wait makes it that much sweeter!

I didn't have the willpower so I put half down and did the Kawasaki promotional finance for the balance. We just bought a house so Payments are my middle name.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post
The wait makes it that much sweeter!

I didn't have the willpower so I put half down and did the Kawasaki promotional finance for the balance. We just bought a house so Payments are my middle name.

I've been thinking about doing that...lol..but Im $2k short on that option as well. I need to sell more of my DRZ parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode