Hello from the sideline - take 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from the sideline - take 2

In my attempt to post an introduction twice so that I can fully participate in this forum here it is again....
I've been a visitor to this website ever since I first googled "Versys" last year. I never had the time to join I was too busy riding. Well, I wrecked on the 401 in London Ontario last week...I now have some free time on my hands and have always found the information here useful. There isn't a better time then now to become an official member.
For the record. I was riding my 2009 V, hoping to make it to Michigan for last weekend's NASCAR Race... Next Time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Question Left Confused

I have posted twice in member intros. I have waited more then the required 48 hours. I am still unable to post anything.

HELP
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:46 AM

Welcome aboard. Glad you are ok, what were the circumstances of the crash? I'm not trying to be morbid but, as on the ADV site, I try to learn from what happened so I can be aware etc......

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
Welcome aboard. Glad you are ok, what were the circumstances of the crash? I'm not trying to be morbid but, as on the ADV site, I try to learn from what happened so I can be aware etc......

I was traveling in the fast lane at approx 115kms/hr. I had a decent amount of space between myself and the vehicle in front and behind me. When vehicles 6 or 7 car lengths ahead began to brake. Knowing it would trickle towards me I began to slow. Then vehicles 4-5 lengths in front of me began to brake and I applied both front and rear brake. I noticed vehicles in all three lanes braking and a cloud of junk flying in the air (which ended up being pieces of blown transport truck tire.) Next thing a piece appeared from under the vehicle that was in front of me......
I ended up on my back in the middle lane. I was told by the police that witnesses said I did try to avoid the piece but speed wobbled and lost control.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm a newbie here still, so I may not fully understand the posting delay, but I show your first intro post was on the evening of the 26th. You may need to wait until later this evening before you can post to other categories?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIsForVonski View Post
I'm a newbie here still, so I may not fully understand the posting delay, but I show your first intro post was on the evening of the 26th. You may need to wait until later this evening before you can post to other categories?
@#*! Guess you're right! I thought today was Wednesday....See what happens when you can't ride? You start going nuts! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode