Spur of the Moment - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Kle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Spur of the Moment

Howdy,

I'm new to the forum and scene. Short and sweet history, I haven't rode much on my previous bikes since there was trouble with them and I'm not good with mechanics and wasn't really interested at the time. So I moved away for a job, living in a rural area and have nothing to do (I'm a city boy). I said "Fack it, I'm getting a newer style bike" and was looking up dual purpose bikes because there is a lot of back roads which I then stumbled on the Versys. Thought it looked bad ass and fun, so I just went for it. Now I own a 2007 Versys and just window shopping for parts that I want on it now... I think my wallet is going to take a big hit this summer.

So this past Saturday I was hung over and turned on the TV for something to watch. "One Week" was on, watched it and thought it would be a good idea to go for a long ride on the bike. By the way, I did happen to mention this movie to a friend hours before I started watching, must be fate. Anyway, I got everything set up and set off at 7am Sunday morning. 17hours and 1400kms later I return home sore and tired. I didn't find Grumps (to those who seen "One Week") but I did see a lot of amazing scenery and got more comfortable with highway driving. Not too bad for the second ride on the bike and first time doing any sort of distance on a motor bike. On the negative side of things, I know what I need before what I want. Switch to brighter lights or 3rd party lighting system, a more comfortable seat, and maybe get a set of pegs for long highway driving. Any suggestions? Lastly, I'm never doing that much driving in a single day again.

Well, heres to a good summer with decent weather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
and what a great way to get to know your new bike with such a long ride.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage

I replaced my stock bulbs with these and its a big improvement.
https://www.motivemods.com/ProductDe...Code=OSR-NR-H7

Went with a Baldwin Seat another big improvement.
http://www.motorbikesaddles.com/

Before a 1400 mile trip to california i went with these. Will never take a long trip without them. There attached to my H/B Crash Bars
http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

http://www.motoshop.net/mm5/merchant...ory_Code=RIVCO

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 PM

Way to go!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:42 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum. Sometimes you just have to build up to longer rides by doing medium rides often. Let your arse toughen up and get used to riding. I've done 430 mile 12 hour days in the stock saddle with no issues, but I do average 20,000 miles a year on two wheels.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Kle

Thanks for the welcomes. I guess I should have build up for long rides but it has been raining for over a month here so I decided to take advantage of a sunny day. I was also watching "One Week" which might have convinced me to go for that ride.

I think I'll look into those bulbs since they're pretty cheap compared to purchasing a complete led system, which I might buy anyway... just because. I think I can wait on the seat, I don't plan on riding that many km's in a single day again but those highway pegs are probably a good idea.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode