Looking to buy a Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looking to buy a Versys

Took a drive with the wife and son yesterday to a dealer that came highly recommended just to look around. She is interested in learning to ride and wants a 250 Ninja, which we'll have to wait for the '09s to come out.

I've been riding since the 4th grade, but haven't ridden much in the past 15 years at least. My last regular ride was a '80 Yamaha XS850G triple (the standard, not the Special). I did buy a used CSR 305 about 6 or so years ago to teach the wife to ride, but she just wasn't interested at the time, so I sold it to concentrate on flying, rather than riding.

Previous to our trip yesterday, I was pretty set on an SV650 standard if she really got into riding, but while at the dealer we were talking and he mentioned the Versys. I'd never really given the "crossover" type bikes any consideration at all, and the V-Strom is just BUTT ugly. But, I sat on the Versys and immediately I felt at home and really liked the layout, styling, and overal 'vibe' of the design.

I picked up the '08 brochure and upon returning home, did some research on the net and read the reviews and such and really thought to myself that this is the perfect bike - put on the hard bags, get the Vario windscreen and I'm all set to go anywhere.

So, I think I'll call the dealer tomorrow and see what sort of deal he might be able to put together on the Versys and a Ninja. I've not read a bad word about either of these bikes!

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 06:06 PM

Welcome aboard.
I have the Versys and my wife the 650 Ninja.
No regrets so far.

muskie
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 PM

There is one for sale in the classified section of this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode