Hello Everyone :) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SussyandKen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello Everyone :)

Hi everyone, this is a dual account for me and my husband Ken. We live in Saskatchewan, Canada and this year we are hoping to do a big road trip when Ken partially retires. We want to go across to Niagara falls, then down through the states and finally finishing in Mexico at my sisters house. We are very excited to get to know everyone better and hopefully learn some tips and tricks for our future trip!
CJRuffner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! My wife and I are in Minnesota near the border with Wisconsin. If you plan to drive across this way, you would really enjoy the route along the Great Lakes starting with the Ashland/Bayfield/Apostle Islands area. You could either cut through the U.P. of Michigan or swing down around Green Bay. If you go the GB route, be sure to visit the Door County peninsula. It's beautiful. Good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

I want to head out towards GB when we go, gotta try that cheesehead soup!

Driving the flat lands

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
If you have never been to Niagara Falls it's a bit of a tourist trap. Thousand Islands area further east is a lot more interesting IMO particularly if you take boat tours.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My wife and I visited Niagara Falls a few years ago and found the Canadian side very pleasant, friendly and clean. Yes, it's busy but "touristy" is a matter of opinion and degree. As popular as it is, to expect less than a bunch of people everywhere isn't terribly reasonable. Fort Niagara is worthy of a visit as well as Fort George. Even though we're technically descendants of the long-ago American aggressors, your fellow Canadians were friendly and gladly accepted our money.

We stayed in a very nice hotel virtually at the curve of the falls - spectacular, but we can't remember the hotel name. We spent the last night on the U.S. side and it WAS touristy in the grand American tradition, shabby, unclean and in general crap. The single saving grace was that we came across a Bugati Veyron in the flesh! That's not an every day experience.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
aboard!

There's an old saying in Canada: Niagara Falls is the SECOND big disappointment in a young bride's life....

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
If you have never been to Niagara Falls it's a bit of a tourist trap....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Ken grew up in Hamilton and visited his aunt in Niagara falls often, so we are ready for the trap! Thank you all for the advice though, I am sure we are going to get along with everyone here just fine

Driving the flat lands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode