Beggining Rider with a Versys as my first Bike. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post Beggining Rider with a Versys as my first Bike.

Hi there, I just recently bought my 2008 Versys.

Partly due to the economy and mostly due to the very diminutive income of a college student, I action to a two-year-long thought of buying a bike, er, motorcycle. Soon after finding that my six-foot-three frame wouldn't fit the small Ninja 250R, I opted on grabbing what was originally my first choice, the Versys.

This is my first bike. so my of how a motorcycle is supposed to feel with respect to the road and rider is/was greatly influenced by friends who have been riding. Review after review raved this cycle great for the beginning and long-seasoned rider alike, and after logging 450 miles to date, I couldn't agree more. Hard to believe that after only owning it a week-and-some, it is almost due for its 600mi. check up, but then again, I sought this out as a means for replacing my car, which is in the stages of selling.

I still have more to learn for riding (including completion of the MSF), including wet-weather handling. To be said, I have a listening ear attentive to any words you have to lend.

Ah, and before I forget, friends call me by Mike, or Michael. I am a student up at Northwest University in Kirkland, WA, having grown up on the Eastside most my life. Hiking, photography, swing dancing, and newly, riding, are my hobbies. Since two out of three friends I know that ride are selling their bikes, I'll be looking for riding oppurtunities in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:19 AM

Hi Mike !

You made a great choice for a first bike. I love the way the Versys handles and it reminds me of my first bike, the KZ900. I hadn't ridden for about 30 years and decided to get back into it again. The Versys worked for me.

Forum member Ocean turned me on to the book "Proficient Motorcycling" by David L. Hough. I can't stress enough what a good investment it would be for you to buy and read it. Not a substitute for a riding class, but plenty of great techniques and information to get you thinking in the right direction.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 01:59 AM Thread Starter

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully I find the time for more reading.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Beginning rider also!

Hi Mike! Welcome! I also am a beginning rider and the Versys fit the bill for the 1st bike for me as well! Have fun and be SAFE!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Welcome Mike.

There are quite a few V's up here, I live in Redmond, we have representatives from Bellingham, Bonney Lake, Bremerton and other places that don't begin with a 'b'.

There is a group of us riding down to Prineville Or this weekend, staying at the Rustlers in. Details are on this forum and the www.versys.co.uk forum if you are interested.

Machog
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 08:17 AM

Welcome to the group and I think the Versys is a great first bike. I've been riding for over 50 years and the V is the best all around bike I've ever had. Now you can start exploring the world of farkles for the V! (Farkles are slang for accessories if you didn't know. You'll hear it a lot.)

Take care, and if you ever get to Texas, we'll stuff some great BBQ down you!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
Welcome Mike.

There are quite a few V's up here, I live in Redmond, we have representatives from Bellingham, Bonney Lake, Bremerton and other places that don't begin with a 'b'.

There is a group of us riding down to Prineville Or this weekend, staying at the Rustlers in. Details are on this forum and the www.versys.co.uk forum if you are interested.

Machog
Nice, I may have seen you riding about a month or two ago out by the Microsoft campus. This is a very late reply, apparently I forgot to subscribe to updates, but you'll have to keep undated when you go riding. I do various rides with another forum...PNWriders.com
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM

Glad to have you aboard and if you ever motor down the Dallas way, I'll fill you up with the world's best BBQ and cold beer!

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
Glad to have you aboard and if you ever motor down the Dallas way, I'll fill you up with the world's best BBQ and cold beer!
I keep that in mind!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 06:54 PM

Welcome the V is my first bike aswell , what a great bike.

Working to make it my Streetfighter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode