This site is great - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking This site is great

This site is great I'm trading in my 01 KLR650 for a Versys and I have found so much valuable info from this site so thanks to everyone on here I look forward to contributing. Kawasaki dealer here says 09 Versys info will be available in Oct. so that is when I will finally make my purchase Kitchener Ont. Canada

1 more thing I would like to know how the wind protection is on the bikes? And could the bike be used for long hauls how comfortable is it? any feed back is appreciated.

Last edited by Ansonaki; 08-31-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 02:10 PM

Welcome aboard and glad to have you. October, huh? Just in time for some snow?

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

I know it seems like an odd time to buy but my local dealer wanted to charge me 8800 with tax for a black 07 so I figured if I'm going to spend that I should at least make sure there are no improvements in the 09 cause if there are I might as well buy a 09 for a little more.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansonaki View Post
I know it seems like an odd time to buy but my local dealer wanted to charge me 8800 with tax for a black 07 so I figured if I'm going to spend that I should at least make sure there are no improvements in the 09 cause if there are I might as well buy a 09 for a little more.
Welcome aboard Ansonki!!!
I'm in Bruce County approx 1 1/2 hours from you.
Have you checked out Inglis Cycle in London???
I got my 08 there 2 weeks ago for less then $8500 tax in.
My wife and I are taking m1 exit course this weekend and some of the guys on the site are talking of a Ontario ride (maybe you should rush out and get an 08).
ttfn
muskie

muskie
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
This site is great. 1 more thing I would like to know how the wind protection is on the bikes? And could the bike be used for long hauls how comfortable is it? any feed back is appreciated.
This site helped push me over the edge on purchasing my V too. Great info and great member personalities. The wind protection is minimal, (IMHO), with the stock windscreen. I added the Givi screen, and at the tallest adjustment it still doesn't quite deflect the wind from my upper helmet, (I'm 6'2", and a relatively long torso).

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

I will definitely check out Inglis Cycle online then maybe ride down on the weekend.I've taken an M1 exit course and looking back on it I learned some great riding tips and broke alot of bad habits from dirt biking.I think it's worth the money and the insurance savings don't hurt either for most it's around 15% and then if you join the Ontario motorcycle association you can save even more money anyway have a good weekend Muskie
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I will definitely check out Inglis Cycle online then maybe ride down on the weekend.I've taken an M1 exit course and looking back on it I learned some great riding tips and broke alot of bad habits from dirt biking.I think it's worth the money and the insurance savings don't hurt either for most it's around 15% and then if you join the Ontario motorcycle association you can save even more money anyway have a good weekend Muskie
I was just on the phone this aft with my insurance office (State Farm)....no discounts for motorcycles whatsoever.
On the other hand they go strictly by displacement (my wifes 650 ninja is the same rate) and age, so I am not paying the rates of a 16 yr old despite my newbie status.
ttfn

muskie
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Just called Inglis Cycle and no more Versys there or anywhere for that matter the guy says they will have 09 models in around Nov. Dec. time so It looks like i'll finish this season on my KLR but thanks for the info on where you got yours. If you see any for sale let me know
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Just called Inglis Cycle and no more Versys there or anywhere for that matter the guy says they will have 09 models in around Nov. Dec. time so It looks like i'll finish this season on my KLR but thanks for the info on where you got yours. If you see any for sale let me know
Maybe give Georgian Power Sports in Durham 519-369-3594 . The website says they have a Big Sale on Streetbikes.
Up to $2300. off !

muskie
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for Georgian Power Sports number.I was wondering what rpm is the bike at when your doing 100,120? and what do you think of road trips on the Versys is it comfortable enough to ride for extended periods of time day after day.thanks
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for Georgian Power Sports number.I was wondering what rpm is the bike at when your doing 100,120? and what do you think of road trips on the Versys is it comfortable enough to ride for extended periods of time day after day.thanks
The bike pulls 4 grand @ 90 kph in 6th.
I don't know about the long distance comfort as I am new to the sport and 25 min.s is about my longest jaunt so far. I am however disappointed with the lower gel seat as it pushes me back to a wider part of the seat with my skinny hips the result is my feet are higher then the cushier stock seat.
Let us know what you find at Georgian.

muskie
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Georgian is sold out of Versys as well and they say the same thing 09 models will be out in Nov or Dec. but they have a dealer meeting in Oct. and will have info from Kawasaki on the 09 versys then and I could order one for next season if it comes to that. They made it sound like I would have a very hard time finding one new right now.thanks again

Hope your having fun at the course. I think I just waited to long this season to make a move but my KLR was fun.

Last edited by Ansonaki; 09-05-2008 at 07:09 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:27 PM

We both passed.
The training was great. It pounded rain Sun morn and just after lunch (great practice) but cleared up for the test.

muskie
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

good stuff congratulations

Alot of great riding tips and alot of riding for one weekend you will sleep well tonight I bet.Did they let you lock up the back tire and go off road a bit.I think they have an M2 exit course as well.Congratulations again
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-07-2008, 06:57 PM

Welcome

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

States I've ridden in so far

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode