New Member Introduction - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Member Introduction

Proud owner of 2016 Versys 650. After many years of riding, first Kawasaki and the Versys is a great bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 12:29 PM

Welcome! I just got mine in June and I think it's the best bike ever!!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Garage
Welcome, this is great place to learn about the bike. Did you get Candy Orange?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome. And, I agree the Versys is a great bike, especially the Gen One in red!!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to them forum
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

New Rider Introduction

I am located in Northern California and find many good roads (dirt and asphalt) almost everywhere. I have had many bikes over the years but have not had one that can do what the 650 can do right out of the box. I took a big leap in faith and attempted both the Idaho BDR and the Washington BDRs back to back. Idaho went well and Washington not some much. You can be assured it was the only bike I saw with a 17in front tire. And most were trying to figure out just what it was, no cylinders sticking out and not a bit of Orange anywhere. Not completing Washington was on me and had nothing to do with the bike. It's all about just how difficult riding 1,900 miles of dirt can be, and being in good conditioning for such an adventure. I will complete Washington in the future>for sure. As long as I can remember to strap all my camping gear on before I release the clutch. WTF?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptwheatstraw View Post
I am located in Northern California and find many good roads (dirt and asphalt) almost everywhere. I have had many bikes over the years but have not had one that can do what the 650 can do right out of the box. I took a big leap in faith and attempted both the Idaho BDR and the Washington BDRs back to back. Idaho went well and Washington not some much. You can be assured it was the only bike I saw with a 17in front tire. And most were trying to figure out just what it was, no cylinders sticking out and not a bit of Orange anywhere. Not completing Washington was on me and had nothing to do with the bike. It's all about just how difficult riding 1,900 miles of dirt can be, and being in good conditioning for such an adventure. I will complete Washington in the future>for sure. As long as I can remember to strap all my camping gear on before I release the clutch. WTF?
Would you go by the name of Pete, and ride a black '16 650LT...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

YO Fast
it's me. Trying to get my hands on the 08 R1 Shock. THANKS for the info. Pete
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Guys and Gals - Pete is a VG rider, altho' he HAD to come in from the "DARK SIDE", going thru a BMW F800GS and a WeeStrom before 'seeing the light', tho' he DID ride the GREEN HORNET (my '09) during our ride to Dawson in '15.

Here are some pics about "How NOT to park your F800GS",

as well as "How NOT to transport a 'badly-parked' Beemer"....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 03:54 PM

The transporting looks worse and more destructive than the parking.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:16 PM

Well... theres your problem, you bought an aussie model BMW, it wants to run upside down!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-05-2017, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilot 69 View Post
The transporting looks worse and more destructive than the parking.
I saw the BMW (and took the two pics of it against the rocks) while riding N. I stopped to phone the cops that it was there, then took the "towing" pic when I rode by it, going S, about an hour later.

I could NOT believe that a "professional" tow-truck operator would do THAT!

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode