HI - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
HI

Just joined the Versys group. Have 1000 km on my 300x in the first week, Traded in my trusty KLX250s which did me fine for 6 years. At 75 getting a bit raggy to do much single track any more so happy to switch to a more road friendly model, Live in Calgary, Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
you are still riding at 75, that's awesome. salute to you SIR.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
aboard!

Which Bultaco did you have?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome to another geezer! People tend not to notice but there are a bunch of us "still riding" and having a great time. I've not reached 75 yet but at 72 I'm sneaking up on the number pretty quickly. Can't figure out where all those years went, or maybe it's just that I can't remember any longer!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Welcome From Southern Ontario

to the forum
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Versys 300 first service

One dealer quoted me the first service (600 miles) that took 4.5 hours ????? mainly because they had to syncornixe the throttles ???

the other two dealers in town quoted on a simpler service

Has anyone else been quoted on a more expensive service ??
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I don't know what "synchronizing the trottle" is, but otherwise it's not much more than an oil change. Do it yourself if your able.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Check your Owners Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBultaco View Post
One dealer quoted me the first service (600 miles) that took 4.5 hours ????? mainly because they had to syncornixe the throttles ???

the other two dealers in town quoted on a simpler service

Has anyone else been quoted on a more expensive service ??
Your owners manual covers the recommended mileage and service. I have owned a 07 Versys 650 and now 2015 Versys 650. Throttle body synchronization is something directly related to valve shim check. Your bike should come already with the throttle bodies synced from the factory. Typically they are to check all bolts if they are tight, change the oil and filter, and give you a rub down. Typical cost is around $140 Canadian, parts and labour. About 1 hour to 1 1/4 hrs. FYI you can do the service yourself provided you documented the oil change, put in the proper oil and filter. I paid $140, as I got several deals from my dealer, and it was a way of saying thank you. Again this is my experience on the 650 Versys, you may be paying extra for the rub down. I really question where they get this 4.5 hour service, on a new bike, this ain't no Harley, no offense to members that have a Harley.JMHO

More detail on synchronization, the largest cost is labour, as plastic, gas tank and airbox need to come off on the 650ABS, this to get at the capped vacuum ports, a suggestion on this forum was carried out by me and is detailed here in the first post. If you sync is off it is easier to adjust with all this off, however once it is all apart and it shows balanced, you need to put everything back together, this is very expensive due to the amount of work involved. In my case, I can check the balance in 5 minutes and 5 minutes later be riding down the road. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...onewizard.html

Last edited by onewizard; 08-28-2017 at 08:57 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Moderated Post / Spam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty210690 View Post
hi
i'm new member too
nice to meet you
Let us hope you are a owner of a Versys, what year and model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode