New guy - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 500kRider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 500kRider
New guy

Hey, got a 2009 Versys 650; nice little bike. I just returned from a MC tour in Ireland, where I rented a Honda CB500X - loved the bike! Returning to the US I looked for the Honda, but they are rare??? (marketing joke - LOL). The Versys seemed to have all the features, and more. Anyway, I'm an old biker; 50 years riding 500,000 miles on 18 different bikes. Currently have V-Star 950, Concours, and Versys 650.
CJRuffner likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 09:11 PM

What year is your Concours. Added one to my collection along with a V1k. Welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2017, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Lurch71, ahhh, a fellow Californian. I moved to Cartersville, GA 3 years ago and love it out here. I am a retired Apple Computer engineer where I worked from 1980 to my retirement in 1999.

2004 C10 Concours. I'm a distance rider and love the 7.5 gal fuel tank on these, plus I get around 45..50mpg. I don't even hit reserve until about 275 miles, and then have another 1.5 gal left - love it! I changed the handlebar situation on mine by adding Storz conventional handlebar adapters, getting rid of the rigid cast bars. I am now running big beach bars and sitting upright.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 03:36 PM

Welcome to the forum!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome aboard. Was your M/C tour of Ireland with a tour company? If so, which was it and how did you like what they offered? If it was solo, where did you rent the bike and what was the cost? We would love to tour Ireland on two wheels in the next year or two.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Welcome aboard. Was your M/C tour of Ireland with a tour company? If so, which was it and how did you like what they offered? If it was solo, where did you rent the bike and what was the cost? We would love to tour Ireland on two wheels in the next year or two.
I rented from a Co called Celtic Rider, about 15 kliks SW of Dublin (see their website). They are top notch and their bikes are superbly maintained. I toured with 3 other people. We rented 2 Beemer 650's, a Honda Rebel 500, and a Honda CB500X (my bike). The cost was was $2660 euros for the 9 day tour which included the bike, insurance, pre-programmed Garmin 620, and B&Bs along the route. The B&Bs were 5 star rated - superb accommodations! Can't wait to go back!

Hasten Slowly!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500kRider View Post
I rented from a Co called Celtic Rider, about 15 kliks SW of Dublin (see their website). They are top notch and their bikes are superbly maintained. I toured with 3 other people. We rented 2 Beemer 650's, a Honda Rebel 500, and a Honda CB500X (my bike). The cost was was $2660 euros for the 9 day tour which included the bike, insurance, pre-programmed Garmin 620, and B&Bs along the route. The B&Bs were 5 star rated - superb accommodations! Can't wait to go back!
Thanks very much for the info - it's exactly what we're looking for.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Nice chatting with you today, Gary. (I hope I remembered that right?) I was the green V at TWoS.

I wanted to chat with the fella on the blue one as we leap frogged a bit from Helen area over to there. He had waved me by a couple times as we made our way over and seemed maybe a bit timid riding. The spots he waved me were not the best to overtake but he had slowed for me and I wasn't sure what might occur if I didn't go on past.

I ran in for a burger and drink and didn't see you two after....Hope you had a safe ride from there!

Brad, Suwanee Ga.
'09 V650, several others too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode