New Member in NH - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Member in NH

Greetings I am looking at the Versys x300 as a re entry bike. It has been quite a few years since I have owned a motorcycle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As minimalist I'm looking at Motorcycles from 200cc's to 500cc's. The x300 is a peppy happy medium that should be able to take me all over the north east.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage

twowheeladdict likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Very nice video. I wish I would have known about those dirt roads when I was there in '15 on my KLX250S. I would have got to experience views that few get to see. Oh well.

NH Strawdog, if you are mostly riding back roads and solo the Versys 300 should be the perfect bike for you. I love the look of the Honda Rally, but like the guys said it should have been made with the 300 or 500 engine.

My little KLX250S can do an honest 65 mph all day long with my 200lbs geared up and saddlebags with spare gas and water so the Versys 300 ought to be fine for those New England roads.

I definitely wouldn't attempt to take the Versys 300 on some of the jeep trails I scraped the KLX through though.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum. kind of funny how I started out with bikes, first a 1970 SL350 , then a Yamaha 650, years later a 74 XL 250R, a DRZ400S , then my 07 Versys and now the 2015 650ABS Versys. As I got up in years, my son suggested to stop riding off road and either get street tires and or a street bike, the reason being that I had a couple mishaps, one with the bike on top of me, by myself, minor injuries and it took a while to extract myself. So each person needs to know their limits, also if you have family involved, consideration needs to be made as doing stupid things usually isn't reversible. Having said that, I still go on gravel roads, but if there is a alternative, I take it, going down in six inches of gravel last year was a warning, in hindsight I should have filed a claim with the township, as I had a witness, no injuries and just scrapes I let it go.

Oh Did I say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode