New member, hello! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By drt15versys
  • 1 Post By drt15versys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
New member, hello!

Good evening! I am newly joined to this forum, but have used it in the past for help and product reviews. I have a 2006 KLR 650 (that I am selling) and wanted to upgrade, so I bought a new 2016 (depite my name, its a '16) Kawi Versys 650 ABS. I love the bike! I live in Eastern North Carolina just south of Hampton Roads where I am stationed. I look forward to being a part of this forum!
407guy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So far, I have added a seat concepts seat (the stock seat was a torture advice, and truly terrible), but using this site and reviews I went with the Seat Concepts, and it is great! I also installed the above the speedometer motorwerks GPS mount for my TOM TOM rider, which is very nice. I used bullet connectors and the Kawasaki relay and then connected the wire through where the windshield mounts. It looks awesome! The seat has made me love the bike, before I liked it a lot, but the stock seat was so painful I had to do something about it, now I couldn't be happier.
407guy likes this.

Last edited by drt15versys; 07-16-2017 at 05:40 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
From Sunny Southern California...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thank you! I have a trip this Wednesday where I am driving from NE NC to Ashville. Should be about 500 miles and with backroads and stops take about 12 hours. I am looking forward to it as this will be a good familiarization ride and break in for the bike for me. The most time I have spent on the Versys is 1.5 so hopefully this trip goes well.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 02:54 PM

Garage
I'm stationed at Langley, and have driven though your area of NC quite a few times. I'm interested to hear how the trip to Asheville goes for you considering the big difference in seat time from your normal trips on the Versys. Had you done many all-day rides on your '06?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The trip to Asheville was amazing. I cannot imagine a better motorcycle to do that on, as it felt like I had a cornering sportsbike, but one that could do gravel roads and was almost like a cruiser with the long range and comfort of it. I went across southern Virginia, to the Blue Ridge Parkway, and then down south. About a 12 hour trip, and I can say it would not have been possible to do on the stock seat. The Seat Concepts is an amazing upgrade and more than worth the money I spent on it.

I have done a couple all day rides on the KLR. It has a corbin, which helps, and the longest I did was 8 hours to skyline and up. That bike has a lot of upgrades, I really don't want to sell it, but part of the deal between me and the girl is that I sell it and I could get the Versys.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
enjoy your ride and be safe - ATGATT
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome! You can download the service manual from the TECH SECTION of this site for your bike.

Consider SW-Motech crash bars if you are riding off road or think you may drop your bike on it's side as they will pay for themselves when this happens. I've got my money's worth from mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode