Been here for a year - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By miss_mo
  • 1 Post By miss_mo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Been here for a year

Hi guys, I am new to the forum. A desire to get ideas for modifying my sweet girl drove me right into your arms.

I grew up in the South riding dirt bikes, and have loved the Versys for years. I just never could find the one that was right. I have since found her.

I seem immune to the Harley virus that has infected my entire family. They call my sweet girl a hornet, but I know they are just jealous.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160617_145432.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	96593  
Buffalo_Bob likes this.
miss_mo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Welcome!
Rob in KC
'14 Versys 650
Oldandslow is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Welcome.

2015 Versys 1000LT
otrp is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Been here for a year

I have been here for a year, but just decided to post something today. Lo and behold, I had no way to do it.

Couple clicks later, and here I am. I hated the part on the first day of class where you have to stand up and tell people about yourself. Not that I don't like public speaking, I am just very private.

So, I will introduce myself to the millions (thousands?) of fellow Versysers? Versysites? Versysists?

I am Miss Mo to everyone that knows me. I have loved the Versys since I first saw them 9 or 10 years ago. I finally bought mine last year. Everywhere we go people try to figure out what she is, as I have taken off the badges.

That's post 1 down.... to be continued.
miss_mo is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 10:50 AM
Member
 
ronheater70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey Miss_Mo..
I'm in Greensboro, not far away at all, lot's of folks on here from NC. Great group here!

I don't know how you ride in CLT.. we have an Office IN CLT I work out of occasionaly and I have always thought about just riding down, then I hit the traffic and everyone slamming on brakes and cutting in front of you and Im like nah I'll stick with the truck.. But i'm always traveling at morning or afternoon rush hour!
ronheater70 is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Does replying to myself count?

I hope so.

So my little beauty is a white 2015 with farkles here and farkles there, most of them geared towards me being seen. I have loved getting my hands dirty doing little projects on her.

I haven't ever tried to list my mods. Here goes...

Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light
Delkovic Stainless exhaust system and
DS70 9" Carbon Fiber Oval Muffler - braaaps a little
Fenda Extenda
Gear indicator
Generic Power outlet
Givi Rear Tire Hugger
Givi V47 Monokey Top Case - with color matched panel and key kit ordered from Kawa - keyed to bike
Givi Windscreen - only in the cold
HELLA 12V Dual Disc Horn Kit - I sound like a car now
Hepko & Becker center stand
Moto Werk brake and shifter peg lowering kits
Moto Werk handlebar risers
Moto Werk mirror extenders - best decision ever.
Moto Werk Standard Flatfoot
R&G Racing Fender Eliminator
R&G Racing Front Axle Sliders
Rapido Radiator Grille Cover
T-rex crash guards
Vololights Downshifting lights tag cover

In garage going on this weekend - -
Skene Intelligent High Beam Controller
Skene Photon Blaster Yellow

I didn't change my own tires, but I did upgrade after a run in with a large bolt.
Michelin PR4

I am sure I am forgetting something....
miss_mo is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Member
 
Arion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Posts: 3,295
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome aboard. I removed the Kawasaki tank decals and replaced them with those found on the Fiat 500 Abarth (shield with the word "Abarth" and a scorpion). I tell people it's Italian and then inform them it's either a Fettuccini or Linguini 650 depending on how I feel when someone asks! I really enjoy the reactions. My favorite is, "Oh, I didn't know they made those any longer."

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Arion is online now  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I drive in Charlotte only to get through to the other side. Most of my riding is day tripping to the mountains. I am in a couple riding groups locally. In one of the groups there is a rider with a Gen 1. People are always confusing us. You know, because gen 1 and gen 3 look just the same. Not even worth mentioning that hers is red and mine is white....

I figure that so few people hear of the Versys, they just lump the two of us in together.
miss_mo is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Welcome aboard. I removed the Kawasaki tank decals and replaced them with those found on the Fiat 500 Abarth (shield with the word "Abarth" and a scorpion). I tell people it's Italian and then inform them it's either a Fettuccini or Linguini 650 depending on how I feel when someone asks! I really enjoy the reactions. My favorite is, "Oh, I didn't know they made those any longer."
That is hysterical.
miss_mo is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,192
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Welcome from Canada

to the forum, as to posting, many use this as a opportunity to ask questions, this is your thread, since some changes have been made, 2 posts and 48 hours, however some can't upload photos or send PM's before 5 posts. As a mod, I can only do so much. I am 67 and truly enjoy this forum, lots of helpful people and I try and reciprocate whenever possible, my specialty is electrical/ electronics , focusing on large foundry inverters for over 30 years. So there you go
onewizard is offline  
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,192
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Post count

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_mo View Post
I hope so.

So my little beauty is a white 2015 with farkles here and farkles there, most of them geared towards me being seen. I have loved getting my hands dirty doing little projects on her.

I haven't ever tried to list my mods. Here goes...

Blaster-X Integrated LED Tail Light
Delkovic Stainless exhaust system and
DS70 9" Carbon Fiber Oval Muffler - braaaps a little
Fenda Extenda
Gear indicator
Generic Power outlet
Givi Rear Tire Hugger
Givi V47 Monokey Top Case - with color matched panel and key kit ordered from Kawa - keyed to bike
Givi Windscreen - only in the cold
HELLA 12V Dual Disc Horn Kit - I sound like a car now
Hepko & Becker center stand
Moto Werk brake and shifter peg lowering kits
Moto Werk handlebar risers
Moto Werk mirror extenders - best decision ever.
Moto Werk Standard Flatfoot
R&G Racing Fender Eliminator
R&G Racing Front Axle Sliders
Rapido Radiator Grille Cover
T-rex crash guards
Vololights Downshifting lights tag cover

In garage going on this weekend - -
Skene Intelligent High Beam Controller
Skene Photon Blaster Yellow

I didn't change my own tires, but I did upgrade after a run in with a large bolt.
Michelin PR4

I am sure I am forgetting something....

and yes , check under your user name, so far you are at 5 posts
onewizard is offline  
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Awesome onewizard, thanks! A lot of my mods are electrical and it is good to know that you are willing to help out.

I didn't follow up my required intro from last year with any more posts so I was thrown on the naughty side. Now, if I will only be able to remember in 48 hours what it is that I wanted to say......
miss_mo is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,192
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Moved thread

You will see the threads are combined now.It will be July 15 roughly 1 hour later than your second post. As to remembering what you wanted to say, you can post it here with the appropriate subject title, I can move it July 15 as a new thread by you.I could also move it today but you wouldn't be able to respond.

Last edited by onewizard; 07-13-2017 at 11:52 AM.
onewizard is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 02:20 PM
Member
 
twowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 3,353
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
A few things you may want to consider are tweaking suspension for your riding weight with gear and luggage if you have any. Default setting is for 150 lbs. Also SWMOTEC engine bars will pay for themselves if you have a tip over or minor crash. There are 2 models of givi tank ring tank bags that fit versys perfectly. 603 model (small) and OEM model for Honda Africa Twin. Also $5-10 15x15 stretch cargo net is handy for attaching stuff to rear seat and stores away under seat.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by twowheels; 07-13-2017 at 02:23 PM.
twowheels is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
miss_mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
A few things you may want to consider are tweaking suspension for your riding weight with gear and luggage if you have any. Default setting is for 150 lbs. Also SWMOTEC engine bars will pay for themselves if you have a tip over or minor crash. There are 2 models of givi tank ring tank bags that fit versys perfectly. 603 model (small) and OEM model for Honda Africa Twin. Also $5-10 15x15 stretch cargo net is handy for attaching stuff to rear seat and stores away under seat.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Got suspension tweaked at first service.
Got t-rex engine crash bars.... may get the luggage crash bars now that they have them in stock
I have Cortech Micro 2.0 Motorcycle Tank Bag and Kawasaki Soft Top Tail Case.

Between the soft tail bag, tank bag, side cases, and hard tail case, I can carry more stuff than a Honda Civic.....
onewizard likes this.

Miss Mo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
miss_mo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome