Greetings from Hungary. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings from Hungary.

Hello everyone!

I had bought a Versys '09 back in two weeks, and yesterday I was able to get her home after all the paperwork was done. I am a 28 years old guy, who have ridden most of the time 125cc 4 stroke "supermotards" but it was time to change to a bigger bike. I have searched for days for a bike to fit me, but my father pointed to the direction of the Versys. I will post pictures if you are interested later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum, sounds like you have a very reliable source of wisdom already
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
to the forum, sounds like you have a very reliable source of wisdom already
Yeah, so far I didn't actually ridden her because my driving license is still in progress, but I was a pillion on my own bike and I love it based on that experience.

I have a question though. Since I cannot post yet on the technical part of the forum, I will post here. So, I am not that all guy, between 170 and 175cm tall. My question is, that the side stand will able to support my weight during mounting and unmounting the bike? It would make my life a whole lot easier.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Side stand will support weight of bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnal Wanderer View Post
Yeah, so far I didn't actually ridden her because my driving license is still in progress, but I was a pillion on my own bike and I love it based on that experience.

I have a question though. Since I cannot post yet on the technical part of the forum, I will post here. So, I am not that all guy, between 170 and 175cm tall. My question is, that the side stand will able to support my weight during mounting and unmounting the bike? It would make my life a whole lot easier.
I can tell you that I have had it on a bit of a angle on the side stand, grabbed the bars to pull myself onto it and had the weight of me and the bike on the stand. I am 90 Kg. , I also use a prop stand to lube the chain, so the weight is distributed between the prop, side stand and front tire. Since I have a Givi V56 top case and the trekker side cases, that is my method of mounting and dismounting. Not intentional but I got into a parking spot with a 30' slope, went to get off and the whole bike was going over on the stand, got back on the seat and moved the bike to a more level spot, BTW I have it lowered and the side stand is shortened.

As to your posting this is your thread, ask anything you wish, a automated spam filter was installed by Admin. , depending if you use tap talk or other methods, cell phone, lap top , chrome, explorer , Mozilla, all have varying degrees of filtering, about 5 posts and 48 hours you can go anywhere.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I can tell you that I have had it on a bit of a angle on the side stand, grabbed the bars to pull myself onto it and had the weight of me and the bike on the stand. I am 90 Kg. , I also use a prop stand to lube the chain, so the weight is distributed between the prop, side stand and front tire. Since I have a Givi V56 top case and the trekker side cases, that is my method of mounting and dismounting. Not intentional but I got into a parking spot with a 30' slope, went to get off and the whole bike was going over on the stand, got back on the seat and moved the bike to a more level spot, BTW I have it lowered and the side stand is shortened.

As to your posting this is your thread, ask anything you wish, a automated spam filter was installed by Admin. , depending if you use tap talk or other methods, cell phone, lap top , chrome, explorer , Mozilla, all have varying degrees of filtering, about 5 posts and 48 hours you can go anywhere.
So it is shouldn't cause any issues. The reason I asked because my father told me, when he had the Aprilia Pegaso Strada (which is lower bike, not sure how much though, but I was able to flat foot it) manual contained this tip.

Thanks for the answer!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Take a look at this......https://motowerk.com/collections/kaw...for-versys-650

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Take a look at this......motowerk.com/collections/kawasaki-versys-650/products/standard-lowering-kit-for-versys-650
Thanks sir, I consider it, but to be honest when I sitting on it is not that bad at all, it is just a matter of getting used to it. The mounting is a bit harder, but I will sort it out.
Now, first thing will be a handguard . I also want to buy a 12v charger port for future motorcycle gps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	19988714_1567133213317283_1840020570_n.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	124442   Click image for larger version

Name:	20068333_1567133196650618_634585258_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	124450   Click image for larger version

Name:	19987576_1567133269983944_1732363411_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	124458   Click image for larger version

Name:	19988845_1567133246650613_1854559130_n.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	124466   Click image for larger version

Name:	20067826_1567133223317282_666314004_n.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	124474  

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 08:25 PM

welcome from a new old guy in NC
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Enjoy your ride and be safe..ATGATT.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnal Wanderer View Post
Hello everyone!

I had bought a Versys '09 back in two weeks, and yesterday I was able to get her home after all the paperwork was done. I am a 28 years old guy, who have ridden most of the time 125cc 4 stroke "supermotards" but it was time to change to a bigger bike. I have searched for days for a bike to fit me, but my father pointed to the direction of the Versys. I will post pictures if you are interested later today.
Welcome! You can download the service manual from the tech section of this site. Don't forget to add yourself to the world map on the site.

You can get a cheap charger port from EBay. A 12V socket or 2+ amp USB port is preferable for fast charging, not all USB ports are more than 1 amp so check specs. If you have a cell phone, just use it instead of a GPS as it will work just as well. Lots of info on this site on good ways to mount a cell phone. Also see FortNine's video on YouTube on cell phone mounts. You can download/cache maps with Google Maps app on WIFI so you don't need to have a network connection to use them.

Heated grips "Oxford" or similar brand are cheaper than hand guards and you will probably find more useful, at least in spring and fall but if you ride off pavement a lot, you will want crash bars (SW-Motech crash bars and hand guards (the kind with an aluminum backbone like Barkbusters). Crash/engine bars will do a lot to protect the bike and fragile fairings if you have a minor crash or tip it over.

Black is the fastest color!

Last edited by twowheels; 07-13-2017 at 10:55 AM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Welcome! You can download the service manual from the tech section of this site. Don't forget to add yourself to the world map on the site.

You can get a cheap charger port from EBay. A 12V socket or 2+ amp USB port is preferable for fast charging, not all USB ports are more than 1 amp so check specs. If you have a cell phone, just use it instead of a GPS as it will work just as well. Lots of info on this site on good ways to mount a cell phone. Also see FortNine's video on YouTube on cell phone mounts. You can download/cache maps with Google Maps app on WIFI so you don't need to have a network connection to use them.

Heated grips "Oxford" or similar brand are cheaper than hand guards and you will probably find more useful, at least in spring and fall but if you ride off pavement a lot, you will want crash bars (SW-Motech crash bars and hand guards (the kind with an aluminum backbone like Barkbusters). Crash/engine bars will do a lot to protect the bike and fragile fairings if you have a minor crash or tip it over.

Black is the fastest color!
For now, I put the charger port project on hold. I wanted to (still want, but not priority) pick up a biker GPS, but instead I ordered a water and dust proof battery case for my phone. The phone itself have a pretty good battery usage (for me anyways), the battery case will ne enought for me for now.
As for the heated grips they can wait, but thanks for the tip! I will most likely pick up an SW Motech crashbar eventually, also I might pick up a handguard made by SW Motech as well. I tempted to pick up a way cheaper clone of the Acrebis X-Tarmac handguard clone from eBay, but I am not sure about it. For me a handguard is important because it gives me a more "adventure bike-ish" feeling. I need a lot of gear as well, new boots, pants, and most importantly a new helmet. As you can see I need to sort everything out. But I will get there, eventually. I have already picked up a front fender extender, and I might need a radiator protector as well, but I am not sure how much changed between mine, the facelift and the new variant in terms of this.

Thanks everything!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2017, 12:47 PM

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm 177cm and weigh almost 100 kg. I have the Givi (Kawa OEM) top case AND side cases. I use the foot pegs and handlebars to get on the bike every time, with no issues. I did get a flat foot for the kickstand to stabilize the bike better which helps on slight inclines.

Many here like the footpeg lowering kit from Motowerks, but I don't have an issue with the footpeg height. It fits my short legs fine. Maybe after I take some 700 KM rides, I'll think differently. :-)
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

I've got my first little mod onto my bike. It is a first fender extender, nothing major so far. She got polished up all aroud though. After all the polishing work, she is looks like a pretty new bike, even thoug she got some minor scratch here and there, and a bigger one on the right side of the tank but it in the engine department, the bike looks good as new. I am pretty happy with her so far. I have plans, a lot actually, but the first thing is a new helmet, so the handguards need to wait a bit more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode