greetings all - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Batmite

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
greetings all

Hi-I'm going to look at a 13 650 non abs.Have always admired these bikes. Anything special I need to pay attn to at inspection? Any tips would be helpful. plan to ride it away. Has anyone put shad's 3P system cases on this bike? Thoughts? I would add those and a shad trunk. I'm 5-8 160 and think this is plenty of bike for long distance trips. Thoughts?

I'm 54 and live in Western MA. Good riding country around here. Currently own a 91 750 Nighthawk and a 07 KLR. Will have to let one go to fit everything in the garage, sad. Previously owned 82 twinstar (no making fun, my first bike), 84 turbo seca, 85 gs750, 88 shadow, 98 k12rs. I think I might be missing something or other but that's life.

Bat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:40 PM

Welcome to the forum:

Look for the usual stuff. Tire wear, condition of chain and sprockets, engine oil,etc. Check for scratches, dents, broken parts,lights, see if any warning lights are on. The Basic stuff you would normally check. I don't know of any particular problem that is inherent to the Versys, other than the fact that it is highly addictive. lol But most important. Check the color. Green is the best (in my opinion) and White is a jewel (the color I have). However the other colors perform just as good. Well maybe the green is a little faster. It looks like it is. If It's not, it should be.
Hope you get the bike and enjoy it as much as we all do. Many of the people on the forum can help you with mods you may be interested in. In my opinion, the first mod should be to raise the front of the seat a little. Cheap mod, but helps a lot. post pics of the bike when you get it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
At 5-8 you just might need a lowering kit...unless you have seat test the bike and you can flat foot..otherwise welcome to versys family.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the post Sky and Fast
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmite View Post
...I'm 5-8 160 and think this is plenty of bike for long distance trips. Thoughts?...Bat
I have done MANY long rides on my V 650s (leaving for a cross-Canada odyssey on the 16th July). Here's a pic of my loaded '15 V, enroute to Alaska, camping

and of my "deceased" '09 'somewhere-up-there' (actually Chicken, AK),

and at the N end of the Dempster Hwy in the NWT.

The Versys 650 does just FINE!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bought the bike and really enjoying it. Next step is how to get a picture of it in here........
turn8a likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode