Shifter lever - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By silviefox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Shifter lever

Hi there, looking for a bolt on aftermarket shifter lever which is about an inch or inch and half longer. Big feet with construction boot is a tight fit with the standard one.
Thanks.

Sylvain K-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just to clarify, do you mean longer shift arm (that probably is not the right name) so that the little piece you put your toe under is further from your foot peg. Or, do you mean something that makes the little piece that you put your toe under longer? I have done the latter on the cheap.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewaltversys View Post
Hi there, looking for a bolt on aftermarket shifter lever which is about an inch or inch and half longer. Big feet with construction boot is a tight fit with the standard one.
Thanks.
I have the same problem on the other side, the rear brake (seldom used, but still handier than dropping a dry-land anchor or Fred-Flintstoning to a stop) is WAY too short/close to the engine case for me. I'm surprised that other sz 9.5 US boot wearers haven't complained about that, or am I just a special case?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
I have the same problem on the other side, the rear brake (seldom used, but still handier than dropping a dry-land anchor or Fred-Flintstoning to a stop) is WAY too short/close to the engine case for me. I'm surprised that other sz 9.5 US boot wearers haven't complained about that, or am I just a special case?
i bent my brake peddle back out a bit do to it being to close to the engine to even use ... as for the shifter you could chop it a few inches from the end and find a small peace of tubing to extend it, then have someone weld it up or drill a couple holes thru it and put a nut and bolt thru it.. not the best looking but it works. seen it done a few times

aboyandhisversys likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
i bent my brake peddle back out a bit do to it being to close to the engine to even use ... as for the shifter you could chop it a few inches from the end and find a small peace of tubing to extend it, then have someone weld it up or drill a couple holes thru it and put a nut and bolt thru it.. not the best looking but it works. seen it done a few times
I was just gonna cut a piece of 1x1 wood and duct tape that to the shift lever. Bitchin' kit, eh?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
I was just gonna cut a piece of 1x1 wood and duct tape that to the shift lever. Bitchin' kit, eh?
lol with safety brake away encase of a lowside =p

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
lol with safety break away encase of a lowside =p
Uh huh. I wanna make sure that 8 cents worth of lumber sacrifices itself by design so that I can trap my leg between the bike and the pavement. Yep, that smacks of a design that I would come up with..
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
No problem w/ my Gen 1 and Gen 3 V 650s, wearing US 10.5 or 11 boots....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Just to clarify, do you mean longer shift arm (that probably is not the right name) so that the little piece you put your toe under is further from your foot peg. Or, do you mean something that makes the little piece that you put your toe under longer? I have done the latter on the cheap.
All the above are good and fun ideas. But, the OP has not had a chance to answer what distance he is trying to increase. I personally wear 13EE ankle high boots for riding and have made the little piece you put your toe under longer. dewaltversys, what do you need?

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
No problem w/ my Gen 1 and Gen 3 V 650s, wearing US 10.5 or 11 boots....
Man, I gotta firmly point my 9.5B boot toe IN (and I do mean IN) to hit the brake lever. ???? Am I one of those truly gifted people that are anatomically incorrect or something?

Sigh. The path to righteousness is never easy.... {grumble grumble..}
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
wait... what.... did I stumble upon a KLR thread?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I don't understand this thread at all.

When you ride the balls of your feet should be on the pegs.

You move your feet just forward enough to manipulate the shifter or the brake pedal.

If you can't easily get your foot under the shifter, adjust it a notch or two higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode