New guy from PA - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By riderskate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New guy from PA

Hello all, I'm considering a versys 650. What I want to do is set it up like a mini adventure bike. I currently have a Yamaha FJR 1300 and just sold my DR650. I would like to set up the versys with full luggage and some good nobbie tires, not to use as a full on dirt bike but more for gravel roads and trails will doing some light duty touring and camping. Dont like riding the FJR on gravel and dirt. Thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Funny i liked my FJR better off road than my Versys 650.....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

What year is your FJR and what exhaust do you have on it, sounds good.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
aboard!

They "do" dirt roads quite nicely (THIS one is about 500 miles each way).
chrisfla1 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderskate View Post
What year is your FJR and what exhaust do you have on it, sounds good.

It was a 2007. I traded it in on a Versys 1000. Heres the exhaust...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

That's a coincidence, my FJR is a 2007 and I as well have a hankering for the versys 1000. How do you like yours and what pros and cons does it have over the FJR?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by riderskate View Post
That's a coincidence, my FJR is a 2007 and I as well have a hankering for the versys 1000. How do you like yours and what pros and cons does it have over the FJR?
I had an 09 Versys 650 and got tired of waiting for the Versys 1000 to come to the states so i picked up a slightly used FJR in 2014. Really liked it but i have a bad hip and knees so being 6'2" i could never get comfortable on it no matter what i did to it. The Versys feels like a feather compared to the FJR. I miss the shaft drive and electric windscreen of the FJR. I like working on my own bike so the Versys is a piece of cake to work on, The FJR is a pain because of all the plastic you have to take off. I like both bikes but for me I would choose the Versys for the riding i do. Lots of city,freeway and canyons and lane split everyday....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, I just picked up my FJR at the end of last season with only 10k on it. I usually get bored with bikes about every 3 years so i'll keep it for a while and see how I like it, only put on 1000 miles myself so far. Trying to get rid of my VTX 1300 right now, i usually have 2 bikes at all times, usually sell one buy one. I also have a little honda ruckus I take camping with me.
weljo2001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode