V-Strom rider contemplating a 300X - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
V-Strom rider contemplating a 300X

I've joined the forum looking for rider reviews on the Versys 300 X. I ride the back roads and dirt roads on my 650 V-Strom and discovered that I might manage a 300X AND keep my Strom for about the cost of trading up my Strom.

I'm an old dirt biker who after owning a Honda Dominator and a Suzuki DR650 found the Strom to be more comfortable for much longer distances while still being able to handle those rough dirt roads. As the years go by I still like to explore the rarely used dirt roads and worry that I might have a problem if I dropped the Strom. We all know you will only ever drop your bike at the most inconvenient of places.

Not really worried if it will do 70mph or 80mph comfortably on the motorway I'm more looking for rider impressions on rough back sealed roads and on dirt roads, even as far as some easy dual sport, if anyone has done that yet.

Hi all, and I am looking forward to reading your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum, the 300 seems to be a very active new discovery, even though this forum is primarily a Versys 650 forum, many of us are former dual sport riders, I had a 84 XL250R and a DRZ400S before the Versys. I think we may need to produce a second forum for the 300.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
to the forum, the 300 seems to be a very active new discovery, even though this forum is primarily a Versys 650 forum, many of us are former dual sport riders, I had a 84 XL250R and a DRZ400S before the Versys. I think we may need to produce a second forum for the 300.
Thanks for the welcome. I've seen but not ridden the 300X and it appears to have no direct equivalent. The others of this engine capacity are singles and modified dirt bikes. And this is a full sized bike.
I think I know of a nearby dealer that has a demo bike on the floor. However I'd still appreciate feedback from those who have ridden one.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:28 AM

I expect the x300 to be a hugh success with world-wide appeal for average-sized riders like myself who don't want to spend a fortune on a second or third bike and be super reliable. The Youtube videos i've watched are showing positive reviews from around the world.

Last edited by captpfd; 04-26-2017 at 07:31 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi Captpfd.

The 300 X is sort of unique in that its nearest rivals (Honda CRF 250 Dakar and BMW G310 GS) are singles and more dirt bike than road bike. It looks to me as if I could have a 300X and keep my V-Strom 650 for about the same cost as upgrading my V-Strom to a 2017 model.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode