Hello From Jack of Hearts in Atlanta - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-30-2017, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello From Jack of Hearts in Atlanta

Hi Y'all from Atlanta, GA,

Just got a new to me 2011 Verys 650 with 3,400 miles on her. Need to go over her with a fine tooth comb but a short test ride did not reveal anything major.

I have been riding a Vulcan 900 custom for the past 3 years, was my first bike after a 35 year break (getting married having kids, getting them through collage....).

The vulcan has been a great bike and a blast to ride, almost 20K miles in 3 years riding the N GA mountains, but I guess I am more of a geek than cool and the cruiser skin just did not feel quite right. I think the final straw was a visit to a local Harley Dealership that had a St Patrick day event recently, instead of a leather vest and skull cap, I show up with full riding gear a modulating headlight, hi viz vest and a full coverage modular helmet. No leathers, patches, wallet on the end of a chain or gray beard, bot did I look out of place. The only HD I ever considered owning was the v-Rod (liquid cooled) and they stopped production of that last year. Nothing against HD or the guys that ride them (most seem like nice folks) just not my thing.

When I was in my late teens and early 20's I rode standard bikes i.e. Honda 50 four. I think I will like my Versys 650 once I get use the foot controls (way different feeling than the cruiser).

I found the vulcan forum a great place to get information and provide tips when needed.

Looking forward to being active member of this forum.

JoH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode