Hello from Southern Ind. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Silverbullet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Southern Ind.

Last night I posted for the first time a fairly extensive introduction******* I have recently purchased a 2017 650 LT and love it so far.

Hello to all. Have wanted to comment several times on different subjects but discovered I had not fulfilled my introduction commitment which I now realize is probably a good thing. Have rode since I was 15 and am now 66. Have owned several types of motorcycles over the years and have enjoyed them all. I recently sold my DR650 I had bought to replace a totaled KLR 650 (deer) I used to commute to work. I retired a year ago and decided I should reduce the stable. Short story is I put the money in my special bike account with good intentions of letting it ride for a while. Unfortunately or fortunately only a week later I saw a picture of the Gen 3 Versys 650 LT. I had always had an interest in the Versys but something about the style of the older model didn't quite ring my bell. But when I saw the new styling I fell in love. Next thing I knew visions of Eastern Kentucky back roads and a lightweight sport tourer with good useable horsepower were running through my head and would not leave me alone! Hours of You Tube videos and Versys forums only confirmed what I already suspected. I had to have one! After searching the tri-state area I finally located a black 2017 LT. I was told it would be in any day. When it arrived the bad news was it wasn't an LT but decided to go have a look anyway. When I arrived at the dealership I was impressed with the bike and really bummed out it wasn't the LT I had my heart set on. While admiring the bike I noticed a tag hanging on a rear turn signal. When I checked it out I couldn't believe what it said. " This motorcycle is an LT model. The bags will be shipped separately to your location at a later date." May not be exact quote but close. I couldn't believe my luck and rushed to talk to the salesman. This was the first new Versys they had ordered and the number did not match an LT so he called his distributor who confirmed it was an LT. After negotiating a deal I left the bike till the bags came in and a set of LED running lights was installed. As of today I have about 500 miles on the bike and after a few mods can truthfully say it's quickly becoming one of my favorite motorcycles!

onewizard likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-29-2017 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Moderated post, found it & copied, Your Welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure, I see this one. Welcome aboard from Southern IL.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, When I get the energy I'll post my history again. I'm not that proficient with the key board and took probably an hour last night making a first post but somewhere along the line it disappeared.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum, sometimes you time out and are logged out, when comprising a long message, just before posting open a second browser, hit up date, it should show you are logged in, if not, log in, you can then go back to your original post and submit. Whenever I am modifying or moving things, I have up to 5 Kawasaki Versys pages open. That way there is no back needed.Found it under moderated post, after 5 posts it will show up, you can edit or leave as is when that happens.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-29-2017 at 04:54 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 10:29 AM

Congrats on the bike. Pictures are good also.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode