Not a new member - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By motociclista
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Not a new member

Hi, I'm motociclista2, formerly known as the member motociclista with hundreds of posts (most of which I would like to think were useful, since I keep quiet unless I have something intelligent or witty to say -- not all will agree with that assessment).

My account somehow vaporized and all my attempts to recover it were failures. So I'm starting over. Just so anyone who cares knows who I am.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
What about old User?

Are you sure about changing , you were last active June 11, 2016 with 395 posts, that was before the password change. You would have needed to be using the same email address as sign in. This can be corrected. Apparently PM are blocked until 10 posts have been made, I have a work order in to correct that PITA. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday

If you want I can get admin to send a new password to your email .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista2 View Post
Hi, I'm motociclista2, formerly known as the member motociclista with hundreds of posts (most of which I would like to think were useful, since I keep quiet unless I have something intelligent or witty to say -- not all will agree with that assessment).

My account somehow vaporized and all my attempts to recover it were failures. So I'm starting over. Just so anyone who cares knows who I am.

As i recall you wrote a book i really enjoyed...

IMG_1488 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Are you sure about changing , you were last active June 11, 2016 with 395 posts, that was before the password change. You would have needed to be using the same email address as sign in. This can be corrected. Apparently PM are blocked until 10 posts have been made, I have a work order in to correct that PITA. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday

If you want I can get admin to send a new password to your email .
I tried everything I could to get in using my old information, then gave up, which is why I haven't been around in months. If it's not too much trouble to restore my old account, that'd be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just start over.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
As i recall you wrote a book i really enjoyed...
Good to see you're still using my book to photobomb your other projects! I appreciate the guerrilla marketing. Whitehorse got out of publishing and is now shutting down the store, by the way, as the owners want to retire for real, so I'm selling the last of the books for $10 each with free shipping. Shameless plug.

Anyway, now you know why I haven't been around for several months.
weljo2001 likes this.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

I assume the same email accnt as this user name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista2 View Post
I tried everything I could to get in using my old information, then gave up, which is why I haven't been around in months. If it's not too much trouble to restore my old account, that'd be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll just start over.
I will take out a work order, Normally I would PM this, however that is another work order in progress changing what some have said is a restriction on sending PM until reaching a 10 post count. So preferably it would be best to use the yahoo account, as no proof of who you are is needed, however either will work, but it needs to be done by admin, as you are not allowed two accounts.Once I know what email I will take out a work order.
bigaussie likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 03-06-2017 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Information originally requested no longer needed
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome from The Land Of Ice & Snow

back, your account is now merged, old user name,your new email and password are valid, once logged in the posts will automatically merge, thanks to KawiMan.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
GOOD having you back...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Hey, I'm back. And I feel like my old self again!

Thanks for your help, onewizard. I guess it's no longer needed information, but for the record I discontinued using the old Yahoo e-mail address a long time ago due to all the problems over there. My email addresses now are associated with sites I own and control.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Got 3 work orders complete in 1 day

One of the few times when merging is the proper way to go. There have been a number of members caught in the transition of security password changes in July. It is a matter of knowing where the tools are on this forum to correct it.Problem with leaving a old account and starting new is someone could possibly take over the old account. Timing was good as a few conditions have changed on posting restrictions and the PM was just fixed today for new members.Back

Last edited by onewizard; 03-06-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode