I just purchased a 2017 Versys 650 LT! It was time to retire my 1995 EX500. Still runs good but looking for a bit more power and versatility. Has anyone modded their Versys? What did you do? Can you recommend a good place to buy aftermarket items? I live in Canada so Canadian or ships to Canada sites are preferred!
Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories and experiences!
Welcome from Ottawa, suggest checking out FortNine.ca
as well as TwistedThrottle.ca
for aftermarket accessories.
Suggested Mods to consider:
- Cheap rear swing arm spools from eBay, 8mm I think on your bike, 10mm on version 1 and 2 bikes plus a cheap rear spool/pit stand to lift bike with for cleaning and maintenance tasks
- SW Motech engine/crash bars, will pay for themselves in prevented damage when you drop or have a minor mishap with bike
- Lockable top box, lots of options on this site including new cheap Chinese made option
- heated grips are pretty much essential in the Canadian climate
- download the service manual for the bike from this site for free, see sticky in tech section