New V1k, but can't ride it - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By redden68

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New V1k, but can't ride it

Living in the Philippines has its ups and downs when it comes to officialdom, but this takes the cake for new vehicle owners.

As my New Member intro stated I'm a new owner of a V1k, after months and months of looking and trying to decide which brand and model. Mostly because of what's available and costs involved here (price sometimes a third more than other countries). Anyway I transgress....

So I pick up my bike last Thursday. Usually here the documents (OR/CR) take a few months to come through, (plate numbers maybe months or years), so a Document of Conduction is issued so you can ride/drive on the roads. Sounds OK?

Not anymore, the day after... the rule has changed. The dealership can sell you a vehicle. But you're only allowed to drive/ride it to your premises. No further unless a private road. This until you receive your OR/CR. The dealership said I'd get it in a month or so!!!

Why is this I hear you gasping... because the government agencies are incompetant in supplying the correct paperwork or plate number. Btw, even if you get a plate number you're not allowed to make your own plate, which can be supplied by stores that cater for this, previously allowed. Again this happened because government agency involved could not get their paperwork through in a timely manner. (Many agencies still use pen and innumerable amounts of paper to do all this).

So not only do I not have proper paperwork for my new bike sitting outside my house, but if caught riding the driver gets a $200 fine, and dealership $2000. Which surprisingly enough has to be paid by the rider, because of their purchase waiver!

So because the government departments can't do their job there are going to be many such riders/drivers in the same position.

As the tourist department keeps quoting..."Its more fun in the Philippines"

Hopefully everyone understood all this...

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801W using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 05:54 AM

Ride it anyway. With that bike, you can easily outrun whatever the cops are riding/driving. Just kidding, sort of. I hope your paper work comes soon.
onewizard likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Riding is A Privilege

Driving is a Privilege , this brings new meaning to that phrase.Here in Canada, I could be dropped off at a dealership, with my full gear, walk in, pick out a bike, buy it using a credit card, call my insurance, have the temporary insurance emailed to the dealership, while the dealer is getting plates, and about 3 hours later be riding home on a new bike, in fact I could have taken a train from another Province, hired a cab to the dealer ( I would suggest to prearrange a couple days ahead) and never see the dealer again.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WOW !

I hope that it goes fast for you !

No matter where you go - there you are.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does not sound like a lot of fun for sure................
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I "feel" for you, but anyway... aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

All government agencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Driving is a Privilege , this brings new meaning to that phrase.Here in Canada, I could be dropped off at a dealership, with my full gear, walk in, pick out a bike, buy it using a credit card, call my insurance, have the temporary insurance emailed to the dealership, while the dealer is getting plates, and about 3 hours later be riding home on a new bike, in fact I could have taken a train from another Province, hired a cab to the dealer ( I would suggest to prearrange a couple days ahead) and never see the dealer again.
I wish it were so simple here.

All government agencies, no matter what for, have innumerable back log of paperwork. Mostly because no one trusts anyone else, so everything is in triplet, quadtriplet, biblet, zillionlet, etc... Many things are done on paper first before even put onto an antiquated computer system, worked on by a person who has a break every ten minutes for a snack, a pee, another snack, getting water, yet another snack....and all of this before lunch.

To give you an idea of the problem. Last year the government outsourced their number plate manufacturing etc to a company, god knows where, and they ended up with thousands upon thousands of plate numbers, but they could not give out the plate, because they were in no order and the paperwork was of course in the same state of affairs.

Anyway, I digress again. I just have to sit and look at my bike parked. Hopefully by the time I get my aftermarket parts come through from the USA and UK, I'll have my paperwork ready for riding.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Certainly feel your annoyance!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode