Greetings and Salutations - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Greetings and Salutations

Greetings to all you Versys folk!

Looking forward to joining your community in a few months. I currently ride a 2016 Triumph Street Triple R, and was recently faced with a dilemma.

While the bike is absolutely amazing when going for a spirited country ride, it's not as comfy and doesn't have the wind protection I'd like for commuting to work. Originally I was planning on picking up a 2016 Versys 650 LT, but was sold on the StripleR after a short test ride. While I absolutely love the bike I was debating trading in for something a little more fitting to how I ride to work. Was considering something like the Multistrada, BMW R1200RT or GS, Tiger, Caponord to name a few. In the end I just couldn't live with trading away the StripleR, so I decided it would be better to pick up a 2nd bike. Hence the 650 LT. Already done my homework, so I'm looking forward to test riding and getting to know you guys.

Current: 2016 Triumph Street Triple R
Future: Addition of a Versys 650 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome From Canada

to the forum, hard to explain but I am on my second Versys, had a 07 now a 2015.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
to the forum, hard to explain but I am on my second Versys, had a 07 now a 2015.
Thanks boss! I hear nothing but great things about this machine. If all works out I'll have a 2017 by September.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 02:21 PM

Welcome neighbor. I live in Mckinney and am always looking for new folks to ride with. Why wait till September for a 2017 when there are great deals on new 15/16's out there and save 2-3 grand? I was considering my options of buying a 2017 and decided to buy a 2015 now. I am so happy with my purchase and saved a bunch of money. Just a thought.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captpfd View Post
Welcome neighbor. I live in Mckinney and am always looking for new folks to ride with. Why wait till September for a 2017 when there are great deals on new 15/16's out there and save 2-3 grand? I was considering my options of buying a 2017 and decided to buy a 2015 now. I am so happy with my purchase and saved a bunch of money. Just a thought.
I was just in your neck of the woods on Saturday with a friend of mine. Went to Bill Smith for lunch after riding 455.

Reason I'm waiting is I can't afford 2 bikes right now. I have a lease that's up in July and I'm downsizing my car considerably to be able to afford a 2nd bike. Once I get the new car, I can get the Versys. Not opposed to a 16 at all, in fact I'd have preferred a 15 in white, but first years scare me and the new one has the integrated gear indicator and a few other upgrades that are appealing. By the time I'm ready to pull the trigger I'm hoping they'll be some deals to be had.

Would be great to have another riding buddy My friend is a bit aggressive, me just a bit spirited. It usually winds up with him behind me on 455 giving pointers, then taking off to go have fun to meet up later. I like taking turns but I'm no street rossi.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:22 PM

Garage
You won't be disappointed with the V.

I still have my 2007 with 65,000+ km / 40,000+ miles on her.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

The only thing I fear now is liking it more than the StripleR. Somehow I don't think I will want to shelve it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Wish I had the Versys this morning for the ride to work. Got pulled over. 52 in a 45. Bet if I wasn't on the StripleR he wouldn't have looked twice at me. At least I got off with a warning.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

To provide an update, it doesn't look like I'll be getting the Versys after all.

I rode a Multistrada 1200 S over the weekend and while I think that thing is WAY to much for me, the 950 is looking like it's going to be the new addition, which I will trade my StripleR in for.

If anything changes, I'll be back!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode