Adds/Viewing Cell Phone/Turn OFF Right Side Bar - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Adds/Viewing Cell Phone/Turn OFF Right Side Bar

For those that view this forum from a small screen/ cell phone, the right side bar can be annoying/ distracting and it occupies 1/3 of the screen, so you need to scroll down more to read the text of the posted message. This is sort of a two part explanation and also covers a tip on posting/ modifying any program on your puter . The very first thing if you are viewing this from a desktop or laptop/ notebook/tablet***who knows what else**Very first thing is open a second browser, click the + and type KAW, hit active topics and you are automatically logged in. The reason for the second browser, one to read my steps, the second one to do the steps.This applies when you are installing updates on your computer, many times you are requested to do a certain step, without performing that function you aren't allowed to close or leave the page. Having a second browser already open, use your mouse and hover over the second browser that is open, you can click on that all the while the first one is waiting for a response. This allows you to search for answers, Google search or whatever else you are seeking to do. I use a second browser whenever I post, as sometimes I forget what was posted by other members in the same thread, this allows me to view the thread and all the posts using this second browser, then toggle to my first browser and continue to compose my post.

A second reason for a second browser is for when you are composing a long post, possibly with photos in it and someone tells you the food is on the table my advice is listenthat is right, don't want to screw with a good thing
so when you come back, check your non posting browser and click active topics, chances are good that you are logged out, log back in, now go back and continue posting, if this could take several hours or a long delay, post what you have now, you can always edit later.

So the main event,getting rid of the right sidebar advertising**** Click your user CP at the top of the page, when that opens below Your Control Panel, the first is Your Profile,
Click Edit Your Details part way down you will see a green bar with Additional Information below that heading you will see Toggle right sidebar-- click disable *****Scroll all the way to the bottom of that page, click Save Changes You are done!!

Reason for logging in comment, there have been posts from time to time about why log in when you can view all the same stuff without logging in, just can't use the search /tools functions. Well the above change makes for a good reason, get rid of all those adds and what is happening for a wider screen of text!!
PHX_Joe and salnap like this.

Last edited by onewizard; 02-17-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Testacc / Annoying Advertising / Turned OFF

My test account, logged in today and first thing I see is all the advertising, I have had this test account for almost a year. Believe it or not I had to search for my post on how to turn it off. Most information on settings and searching is in member introductions as if you were a new member that is your only access for posting.
So I moved the thread and stuck it. Remember any changes you make to scroll to the bottom and Save Changes.
Testacc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode