New Member from Canada - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile New Member from Canada

Hello All,
I am a newbie from Ontario Canada. My I am picking up my red Versys this Fri. My wife is getting a 650R Ninja.
I have purchased the factory gel seat for my bike so my wife can ride it and for myself until I get more experience riding the bike.
I see a few threads about seats on the forum. They don't seem to be rare here...I think they list around $450 Can.
I will give a report on the gel seat once I try it out.

ttfn
muskie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 AM

Nice to see another Ontarian on the forum. I'm going to guess that you are from the Muskoka area?

You are getting both versions of the 650, how cool is that!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome Ocean.
Actually I live in Bruce County but I was born in Niagara Falls (I notice thats your home).
We are both very excited about our 650s we get them Friday.
muskie

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:43 PM

Welcome Muskie,

I also got the gel seat. Needed if for a more comfortable seat heat. Glad I got. It does make a difference when I have to put my feet down on uneven roads and on long rides. I understand there is some good riding up in Bruce County. I have a place in Collingwood and am looking forward to your posts on some of your rides.

Cheers,
Colin
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome Colin,
Will keep you posted on the Bruce County rides.
ttfn
muskie
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 08:01 AM

Today is FRIDAY!!! You must be stoked about getting your new bikes! Nothing like that new bike smell. You'll find the Versys is so easy to ride. Honestly, I was a little intimidated at first. I'd only ridden the MSF bikes and my BMW F650Cs before. But, once I sat on the bike and clicked her into gear and rode off - the nerves settled down and I was fine. Well, more than fine - had a great time on that first day of riding. You'll love this bike.

We are getting quite a few members from the Ontario area - we should plan a meet up sometime.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 08:09 AM

Welcome!

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM

Looks like we can get an Ontario Versys-ride going. I'm in Mississauga!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 08:35 PM

sounds like a good idea. I am from the Peterborough area, but spend a lot of time in the Bruce.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Bikes Here!!!!

Hi all,
Thanks for the welcomes.
Sorry I have not responded but I have not turned on the confuser...I have been busy riding.
Glad I got the lower seat but as I get more confident when stopped I will switch to the stock seat. I find at 6' I would enjoy a couple more inches to the pegs.
I also took my wifes 650 Ninja out it is a very sweet ride as well. 5 weeks ago my wife was not even interested in getting on the back of a bike now she can hardly keep her grin inside the helment.
Less then 2 weeks until we take motorcycle training in Owen Sound....we can't wait.
Going to try and attach some pics.

ttfn
muskie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	versys_rear_left.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	821   Click image for larger version

Name:	versys_front_right.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	822   Click image for larger version

Name:	bike1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	823  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 09:51 AM

Great pictures. Did your wife go for the 650r for the lower seat height?

Now there is a story in there. Your wife wouldn't even ride on the back two weeks ago and now she is riding her own 650r? Interesting - details, please.

In spite of sounding like an a-hole - tell me you don't ride in shorts and sneakers and this was only a picture. At least put some jeans and boots on like your wife has. Secondly - take it easy, only around the block until you pass your M1 Exit course. There's a lot to learn here, you haven't mentioned if you have ridden before or not.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Hey Ocean,

I don't ride in shorts I have all the gear like my wife that was a photo op.

My wife sat on many different bikes, I thought she would prefer a cruiser but she was most comfy on the 650R the seat height had much to do with it.

The story on our newbie status is as follows I had been talking about a bike for a while and my better half getting sick of hearing it stated I did not even have a m1 so I got one.
We borrowed a friends 125 yamaha dirt bike and My son and I rode in the backyard (the backyard is approx 3/4 acre).
That was about it, my wife tried one lap in 1st and I mentioned to a workmate that if I didn't follow thru this summer I could get my m1 again next. He suggested I get my m2 thru a training course (this was my orignal plan but most are booked and I wanted a partner) so at least I would have a permit for more then 90 days.
I announced to my wife that I was going to take the course alone and she stated she would join me as she did not want to be left behind.
We practice on the dirt bike twice everyday for a couple of weeks. Friends came over with his 750 Magna and her 500 Ninja and we enjoyed taking the bikes for a ride.
We have gone for a few short rides and I am finding that I have to hold her back (who knew?). She is a excellent driver, our family car is a 2002 Subaru
WRX wagon.

We both appreciate that we have no training and it can go pear shaped pretty quick.

Thanks for the interest.
ttfn
muskie
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM

Your wife sounds totally cool. I wish my S.O. was that cool. You two will have fun riding together and I'm sure you are watching each other's backs while out riding.

When you two pass your M1 Exit Course - let's put an announcement on the forum for an Ontario ride - there are quite a few of us and we can meet up near Mississauga or there abouts. Something centrally located.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Your wife sounds totally cool. I wish my S.O. was that cool. You two will have fun riding together and I'm sure you are watching each other's backs while out riding.

When you two pass your M1 Exit Course - let's put an announcement on the forum for an Ontario ride - there are quite a few of us and we can meet up near Mississauga or there abouts. Something centrally located.
Thanks my wife is totally amazing. The bikes are our 20 wedding anniversary gifts to each other.

A Ontario ride sounds awsome although I don't know how far we will stray from home this year until we have more experience.

muskie
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Ontario-ride!!! I'm in!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskie View Post
Thanks my wife is totally amazing. The bikes are our 20 wedding anniversary gifts to each other.

A Ontario ride sounds awsome although I don't know how far we will stray from home this year until we have more experience.

muskie

Let us know the closest city that you live next to - so we can make it a short ride for you.

The second or third week in September should be ok. It will be a good way to celebrate your M1 Exit completion.

Any other suggestions from the Ontario segment of the Verys forum?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Let us know the closest city that you live next to - so we can make it a short ride for you.

The second or third week in September should be ok. It will be a good way to celebrate your M1 Exit completion.
Owen Sound is about 45 minutes from here.

muskie
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm a bit late for the Ontario ride- next year though. Like Muskie am new to riding and would be good to meet up in a group.

Have enjoyed the Southwood Road drive from Severn Bridge (@hwy 11) to Gravenhurst.

Danno
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM

Welcome from Muskoka Muskie

I live just outside Bracebridge on the Muskoka River. We seem to have a fairly good sized group from Ontario. I broke my leg in September riding my Honda dirt bike so I haven't been riding at all and it looks like I'm going to miss much of the curling season too.

Next spring we should organize a group ride. I look forward to meeting everyone.

James

"life is not a dress rehearsal"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode