New Member in Maine - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Member in Maine

Hello Everyone!
Although I've lurked here for a bit, I'm a new member and my forum name is Ghostwheel. I got tired of not being able to see the posted images, so I finally registered...which I suppose is the purpose of the image ban!

2015 Versys 650 LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Welcome from The Land Of Ice & Snow

lots happening on this forum, we now have a How To Forum.All the things that have been posted for others to help with but lost, are gradually being found and documented.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

Image Block??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
Hello Everyone!
Although I've lurked here for a bit, I'm a new member and my forum name is Ghostwheel. I got tired of not being able to see the posted images, so I finally registered...which I suppose is the purpose of the image ban!

If you couldn't see them before you still won't. I just logged out, every post and video is available to me , logged out. The only restricted site is How To-Forum. Everything in there can only be seen when logged in.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Second post from Ghostwheel in Maine

Hello Again!
As required, this is my second post.
This summer, I purchase a new (left over from the previous year) Versys 650 LT. I chose the lime green and it is fantastic. My initial plan was to quickly have heated grips, LED running/fog lights, the aux 12v power plug and Givi engine guards installed, but (as many here probably know) the aux relay was on back order. As of about 2 weeks ago, the relay is back in stock and I scheduled a visit to my awesome mechanic Mike (owner of JEM Motorsports Kawasaki in South Paris Maine). Of course, I scheduled he servicing immediately after a major snow storm with the temps hovering between 0 F and 25 F, so the bike went to and from the shop on a trailer.

I was (and am) very excited to get back on the bike this spring. However, while checking the internet for news/stories about the model 3 Versys 650, I came across some threads where folks were having the 5A auxillary fuse burn out with lights, 12v/usb and heated grips running simultaneously. Common thoughts seem to run to replacing the 5A fuse with a 10A. Can anyone who has done this reply with some info on how successfully this deals with the problem? A 5A fuse for all of that seems pretty ridiculous. I would have guessed each peripheral would get it's own fuse. Is that not true?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0912.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	110202  

2015 Versys 650 LT
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm. Of course I can't reproduce it now, but the reason I signed up was because I got a message that said I needed to make 10 posts in the forum before I could see the post (not just the images...the whole post).

Sorry for spreading misinformation. I'm sure all is as it should be. If I see this again, I'll pass along the link and how I got to it.

2015 Versys 650 LT
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

How To Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwheel View Post
Hmmm. Of course I can't reproduce it now, but the reason I signed up was because I got a message that said I needed to make 10 posts in the forum before I could see the post (not just the images...the whole post).

Sorry for spreading misinformation. I'm sure all is as it should be. If I see this again, I'll pass along the link and how I got to it.
You are absolutely correct, much of the technical stuff that could be copied or redirected to other web sites has been moved to How To, what you posted is exactly what you get when logged out. Some of the topics have more detail and photos in How to, a example would be Burnt stators and Polaris regulator, all the PDF manuals etc., you will find these same topics in Technical discussion, but with less detail and less photos.

Last edited by onewizard; 12-25-2016 at 08:45 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Ah! Ok. Is there a similar restriction in the new members area? Because I'm something similar when I look in Big Jake's new thread. I included a thumbnail image attachment below, but it might be too small to make out. Basically, for each image he uploaded it says:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 3 posts.

I think this was essentially what I saw just before registering too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-12-22_1453.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	110210  

2015 Versys 650 LT
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 12-27-2016 at 12:08 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

So far, what I've been able to determine is that I can't see pics that are in the signatures of members. I think I can see images in the individual posts. I've attached an example as a thumbnail here.
I see the same thing whether I'm logged in or logged out.

Regards,
Ghostwheel
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2016-12-26_0915.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	110442  

2015 Versys 650 LT

Last edited by onewizard; 12-27-2016 at 04:32 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Welcome from another Maine resident, from Moosehead Lake - between May and October months at least. I've amassed too many years to have any interest in shoveling snow any longer. Congrats on your new Versys. May it give you many hours of enjoyment and safe travels - when the snow goes away.

One of the neat things about having two homes is having a set of motorcycles for each home - one for me and one for my lovely bride at each home. We ride in Maine during the summer and in Texas during the winter. Great fun. The insurance company thinks it a good thing too. I wonder why?

Cheers and keep warm!

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:29 PM

Hi folks I am a new member riding a 2008 versys 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode