Second post: First impressions - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Second post: First impressions

Coming from an FZ-09 with gobs of power some people thought it was a little crazy going to a Versys, let alone a 650.

My rationale was simple - I wanted a high quality bike with good throttle control and response, that was comfortable - all day comfortable - had provisions for side and top cases, rode well, handled well, had good out of box suspension adjustment capabilities, had a good long time in market (to work the bugs out...), was reliable and optionally had ABS. Plus I wanted it to be fun to ride - anywhere, around town or on longer rides.

Needless to say the Versys does not disappoint. It is a mature platform with a number of well thought out features. The engine is cherry, has a nice amount of grunt and aside from being comfortable the bike handles really well and is just a joy to ride.

I took my first longer shakedown ride, about 8hrs total time, 4hrs of that riding, on a nice 60 degree day with 15-20mph winds this weekend, one of my friends and his wife on their Kawasaki Voyager. I had no problems keeping up/leading, the bike handled exceptionally well on twisty mountain roads and was great in the wind.

Good choice all around, will continue to make some minor mods like a RAM handlebar nut mount phone holder, SHAD rear deck & top box, Kawi power socket & relay, hyperlites rear brake lights, etc.

2016 Kawasaki Versys 650
2003 HD FLHPI (Police Road King)
1982 Yamaha XJ650

MSF RiderCoach
AMA EAGLE

Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-27-2016, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, great choice, I myself came from a Ducati Scrambler 803cc that had more power but wasn't a Versatile system!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode