Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Givi top case

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Raubuchon 
#1 ·
I purchased a Givi top case B47 I believe is the model. I noticed that it covered my tail light, so I purchased the E126 LED brake light kit. I'm having a tough time installing it. Anyone done this install yet?

#2 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
I did use the M5M plate, and bought the light kit from Givi. The lights that came with the kit have 3 wires (blue, red, black) but they go into a connection with two wires (white and black). My tail light on motorcycle has three wires (blue, black, red). Not sure what to connect where! I'll put pics up this evening. Not around the bike right now. Thank you!!

#6 ·
Hmmm... that doesn't sound right. Which year Versys do you have?

I have a '14 with the Givi V46 Monokey Topcase and it doesn't block the tail light at all (see pics)

More lights are good, but I'd suggest double-checking the mounting instructions for the top case.

Good luck!
Rob in KC
'14 Versys 650 ABS

Attachments

#7 ·
Rob,

My case is mounted just like yours. I guess it doesn't block the light, but I think if you had truck or something that rides high behind you, they wouldn't have much visibility of tail light. I haven't had anyone tell me they couldn't see it, so I could be wrong.

#8 ·
BECAUSE of the lack of visibility from behind, and slightly higher, I added an LED brake-light I got at Princess Auto (Canadian version of H-F) to my '15 V650.

It's PARTICULARLY to add visibility when I add my rack to carry my tent....

#12 ·
The final connector has one blue and one black wire that run under the seat and are to be wires to the wires going to the tail light. There are three wires running to the tail light. One black, one blue and one red. In this picture, the wires on top are the bikes wires to tail light and bottom are the ones from the case lights. I have the blue connected to blue and black connected to black. I left the red alone. Obviously, this is not the right way because the lights are not turning on. Any help would be great!!

Attachments

#13 ·
When i installed my light I had to wire the Red & Blue to the Blue wire then the Blacks together for the Tail Light

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.