Hi from Germany - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lederclaus
  • 2 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi from Germany

Hi all, my name is Claus, I live in Hamburg, Germany. I found this very nice forum when I was desperately searching a solution for a secondary throttle sensor problem I had with a customerīs bike.(2010 ER6-N ABS ). My rides are a BMW R100GS and a self built Suzuki GSX1100G-sidecar combination. And I run a small motorcycle repair busines, thatīs the reason I came in contact with that ER6-N
I did not find the solution here but a lot of answers I could use as little steps to solve my problem. So thanks to the forum I could get the bike running again.
The reason I registered is that I would like to tell what I have done. I will do that in the thread where I found answers once I have been accepted as a full forum member.

take care and ride safe
Claus
invader likes this.

Last edited by Lederclaus; 09-02-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 07:20 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Question

So I have to wait for the rest of the sub-throttle story?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

well, invader, thatīs what the "new member faq"sais ...
I can post in the forum once I have two posts in the member introduction and have waited 48 hours.
To make long things short: I found that itīs no problem to take the sensor off the throttle housing and put it back on. No need to buy a new throttle housing. I opened the throttle motor housing as well and put it back together. Just open the secondary throttle fully manually, insert the sensor with the cables to the top, twist it to itīs factory colour mark, shut the throttle and fix the sensorīs screw. Measurement of the sensor should read 4,7 k Ohms. Bike runs great. FI light is off.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
aboard!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-05-2016 at 02:05 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
joporker and jofatF like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Thaks at all for the welcomes and likes!
Once I find the time I will tell some more of myself and write some more words about the throttle sensor problem.
Right now I am struggling to keep my busines open, because my employee has got pancreas cancer and is in hospital since 6 weeks. Looks like he will survive (knock on wood!), but I have taken alot of customersībikes in to get work for two persons and am alone with it now. So please donīt be upset if my posts come with a delay. Iīm just too busy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode