2016 Versys 650 pulls right - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

12Likes
  • 3 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By Versys John
  • 3 Post By weljo2001
  • 2 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By yanko

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2016 Versys 650 pulls right

Hello guys,
For several months I am the owner of a lovely orange 2016 Versys 650.

I do have a problem that the dealer does not want or can not solve.

Motorcycle pulls to the right and handlebars shaking at a speed of 50-60 km / h. driving without hands

Wheеls are in perfect alignment.

Did you have any of you such a problem and how it was decided.

Thanks for any feedback and support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
forks could be out of line in the clamps,

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 PM

Certainly check the fork/clamps. How do you know the wheels are perfectly straight? I was thinking rear wheel alignment was the guilty party.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanko View Post
Hello guys,
For several months I am the owner of a lovely orange 2016 Versys 650.

I do have a problem that the dealer does not want or can not solve.

Motorcycle pulls to the right and handlebars shaking at a speed of 50-60 km / h. driving without hands

Wheеls are in perfect alignment.

Did you have any of you such a problem and how it was decided.

Thanks for any feedback and support
First things first, I would doing the following checks.

1) Inspect the front tire for unusual signs of wear. Also check for rocks stuck in tread and remove.

2) Check wheel balance

3) With a small piece of glass or mirror try to lay it flat on both the fork legs, it should sit perfectly flat with no rocking, this is to ensure the fork legs are aligned with each other. You need a perfectly flat item to do this which is why glass is recommended.

4) While the front wheel is raised off the ground have a friend hold the bars from moving and try and tug front wheel from side to side, there should be no movement - this is to check play in front steering bearing - there should be none.

5) Raise the bike on the rear pit stand and do a string alignment of the rear wheel. See you tube videos on how to do this. This is the most accurate way of aligning the front and rear wheel.

How many miles on bike, usually bearings are only an issue on high mileage bikes. Is there any crash damage? The symptoms you are having are not normal.

Last edited by twowheels; 08-29-2016 at 05:39 PM.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 06:57 PM

Wheel balance cured my pulling and handlebar DTs.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
As a simple fix for balancing issues that does not involve removing the wheel. Remove all wheel weights and install 1oz (front) and 2oz (rear) balance beads through the valve stem. I prefer balance beads to weights as they don't come off like weights sometimes do and do not require a balance machine, they are also I think slightly smoother.

Last edited by twowheels; 08-29-2016 at 07:57 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 PM

Garage
My OEM tires created a symptom similar to your problem. I didn't have the pulling to one side or the other but it tried to tank slap at any speed if I one handed or let go of the bars. Scary as hell. When I put Shinko 705's on the bike that stopped instantly. I'm not saying this is your problem but it sure was mine.

For what it's worth I would call the Kawi rep for your area and discuss it.

Cheers,

Charlie

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice guys,

I do alignment whit straight edge metod. I used two absolutely straight aluminum profiles.
I went to the dealer and there check the balance of the front tire.
Recommendation dealer not to raise hands on the handlebars. Motorcycle is 2800 kilometers. No crashes, I am the first owner.

The symptoms are that at low speed the handlebars trying to turn left and at high motorcycle pulls to the right.

Several times I went to the dealer. They say everything is fine, but it is not.

My problem is that the motorcycle is under warranty and the dealer just does not help me to solve this problem. If go to another mechanic may lose warranty.

This is the first brand new motorcycle for me and I feel terrible.

I'll try again with adjustable front forks and if do not fix might leave the group Kawasaki. And so many like this motorcycle.

Thanks for the advice.

However, if any of you decided the same problem I'll be grateful to help me.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:13 AM

My problem is that the motorcycle is under warranty and the dealer just does not help me to solve this problem. If go to another mechanic may lose warranty. (quote)

Any dealer is required to do warranty work. Changing dealers will not void the warranty. Try taking it to another kawasaki shop.

Last edited by Skypilot 69; 08-31-2016 at 07:07 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
There is something very wrong with your Versys. This is not normal! Do whatever you have to do to either get it fixed by a dealer or get them to refund your purchase price and take the bike back.

Are you in the USA? If so, there is the "lemon law" which says if the dealer cannot fix the problem within a few visits, they are required to take it back and give you your money back.

I would talk to the manager of the dealership and tell them this is not acceptable and you want it fixed properly or you want your money back. It is unsafe to ride like this. If he won't do something to make it right, escalate to his boss.
weljo2001, BEACHBUM and Kzen like this.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
I would suggest "alignment": handlebars; forks; wheels (which you've checked, but try ANOTHER method, just in case); and steering head bearings.

ANYONE near Skypilot that has front and rear stands, and would help him to determine some of this...?
JoeSweatHog likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 03:59 PM

I believe it is time to contact Kawasaki Corporation regonal representative or Kawasaki corporation yourself and let them know of your problems with bike and dealer.
weljo2001 and Kzen like this.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 05:34 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versys John View Post
I believe it is time to contact Kawasaki Corporation regonal representative or Kawasaki corporation yourself and let them know of your problems with bike and dealer.

Ditto....
Kzen, jo2fat and JoeSweatHog like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sounds scary. At the very least, stop riding it -- stay safe.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I would suggest "alignment": handlebars; forks; wheels (which you've checked, but try ANOTHER method, just in case); and steering head bearings.

ANYONE near Skypilot that has front and rear stands, and would help him to determine some of this...?
It wasn't me having the problem, it was Yanko. He doesn't list where he is from.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypilot 69 View Post
It wasn't me having the problem, it was Yanko. He doesn't list where he is from.
Really need to list location on forums

But I gotta say I would be all over the dealer like white on rice. Do not put up with this BS contact Kawasaki directly

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
https://www.kawasaki.com/OwnerSupport/Faq
Kzen and joporker like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome and yes this is a bummer having this kind of issue. Very unusual for a new bike, nothing should be out of alignment. I read through all post and did not see something mentioned that could cause this. Have you checked for low tire pressure? Just looking like they are okay is not good enough, put a gauge on them. I personally think it's something real simple. Keep us posted on what you find out and good luck.

My new escape, 16' Gen3 Versys 650ABS
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Hello guys,
I'm sorry that I started with problems.

I'm from Bulgaria. Unfortunately, our country is small and have only one dealer. But I spoke again with the dealer and got permission to go another mechanic, without losing the warranty.

I hope really be something simple and easy to repair.

I will write after visiting another mechanic.

Thanks for the advice
weljo2001 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode