new rider - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

new rider

hi everyone-

i'm getting ready to purchase an 09 never titled Versys to use for commuting and some fire road exploration with my weestrom buddy.

i've ridden off road before but never on the street. i'll be in full gear and plan to take an MSF course in the near future. in the mean time i'll be spending a good bit of time in parking lots and on side streets near my home learning the ins and outs (hopefully not the offs!) of street riding.

hope to learn a lot here and meet some local riders to befriend. i've always wanted to ride and i'm very excited that it is finally coming together!

ab
atlanta, ga

"What doesn't kill me postpones the inevitable"
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Welcome, AB!

I myself picked up a new 09 this spring. So don't tell me about the screaming deal you're getting now in September! I don't want to know how much I could have saved... not that'd I'd give up all the fun I've had these past months, though.

You're gonna love it. Just try not to give all that money you saved right back in the first month... farkling is very contagious.

By the way, don't wait to take the MSF BRC. It's a great learning experience (and pretty fun, too) and especially if you're new to motorcycling because you want to learn good habits from the start.

Last edited by UAV online; 09-16-2010 at 02:56 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DrTizz Send a message via Skype™ to DrTizz

<><><><><><><><>
2010 Versys ("Black Bengal")
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is an opinion...that means you, CNN!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Welcome AB and looks like you are all organised, all the best learning road riding and when you get your bike post pic's
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

& AB.

BE safe and ride safe.- ATGATT.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

well it's official. signed the papers today and it'll be prepped for me to pick it up on wednesday.

shopping for gear now. first addition to the bike will be side racks so i can mount some pelicans.. any suggestions? seems like the happy trails unit looks pretty nice and is cost effective.

09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 01:58 PM

Welcome indulf. Good decision on the MSF, it is the only way to go for beginning road riders. Used to live in Lithonia, GA and ride the north GA mountains. Great stuff! Enjoy the V.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

aaaannnnnnd nooooowww.....

it's official!!

all my gear gets here tomorrow. i think i'm gonna be on it all weekend!

my similarly built friend let me borrow some of his gear so i could putt around the neighborhood tonight. if it rides as good everywhere as it does in my 'hood then i make a goooooood decision. i love it. so easy to ride this thing, especially if you're transitioning from the dirt like i am.

i do think i'd be a lot more comfy with lowered pegs since i'm 6'1".. the seat is pretty comfy for me and i can flat foot it no problem. i might try some washers to raise the front end to see how it feels, but it's fine for now.

i'm hoping that i get comfortable enough on it to make it to the oct 9 atlanta area ride. hopefully those guys are OK with a slow newbie holding them back they swear up and down that they are. we'll see!

09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

That grin says it all!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 01:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to istanbul Send a message via Yahoo to istanbul Send a message via Skype™ to istanbul
Quote:
Originally Posted by indulf View Post
aaaannnnnnd nooooowww.....

it's official!!

all my gear gets here tomorrow. i think i'm gonna be on it all weekend!

my similarly built friend let me borrow some of his gear so i could putt around the neighborhood tonight. if it rides as good everywhere as it does in my 'hood then i make a goooooood decision. i love it. so easy to ride this thing, especially if you're transitioning from the dirt like i am.

i do think i'd be a lot more comfy with lowered pegs since i'm 6'1".. the seat is pretty comfy for me and i can flat foot it no problem. i might try some washers to raise the front end to see how it feels, but it's fine for now.

i'm hoping that i get comfortable enough on it to make it to the oct 9 atlanta area ride. hopefully those guys are OK with a slow newbie holding them back they swear up and down that they are. we'll see!
enjoy your new ride wth it &

Ride it like you stole it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode