Hello From New Orleans - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello From New Orleans

Hi everyone. I haven't had a motocycle since my dirtbike some 25 years ago. Within the last year I've gotten the itch to get a bike for my relatively short commute and to play with on the weekends. I knew I wanted a dual sport bike for the flexability but also knew the majority of time would be on road. The Versys seems to fit the bill perfectly and I can't wait until I get on. I'm taking a basic rider course at the end of Sept. and would like to get the bike shortly afterward. Looks like it may be pretty good timing for the 2009 release.

Looking forward to getting my Versys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM

Welcome. I'm one day older on the forum than you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 01:33 PM

Welcome, I got my V back in May.....Ride a lot, but seems like I bought the only V in the in SW Mississippi. Got my bike for the same reasons you did..... I looking for riders with similair bikes in the area.......take a notion to head up this way, drop me a note. P.S. Watch out for the Storms......Don't get those high winds on the 650.... It can be tough.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mksmith View Post
Welcome, I got my V back in May.....Ride a lot, but seems like I bought the only V in the in SW Mississippi. Got my bike for the same reasons you did..... I looking for riders with similair bikes in the area.......take a notion to head up this way, drop me a note. P.S. Watch out for the Storms......Don't get those high winds on the 650.... It can be tough.
Where are you? I am in SW Mississippi, Picayune,Carriere area of Pearl River County
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 12:23 AM

+1 on the reasons to buy the V. Bought mine in June and love it. Here's my story on how I found the Versys. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...read.php?t=525 Hope you guys in the Louisiana lowlands make it through the approaching storm in good shape!

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

mksmith, lowflyer, I get to Waveland or a fairly regular basis and it'd be great to hook up with some other V's to cruise down the beach. Well, that is once I get my V :-)

I'm heading to Destin this evening to avoid the storm and just to keep my original Labor Day plans, y'all be safe, and keep the V's protected!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Miguelito, It's looking like NOLA will be spared the worst that Gustav could bring. I'm hoping for the best, for everyone that has recently just finished rebuilding and moving back to their homes recently. Personally, being 30miles west of NOLA I escaped Kartina with barely a scratch, so no worries on my behalf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode