New member2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-26-2016, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New member2

Just posting 2nd time, so I can participate. Anyone have any opinion on the Shinko 700 vs the 705. I like the reviews of the 705, but the wet scares me. Ill probably choose the 705s, 150/60 rear, 120/70 front, so I can stay all radial, although the bias 120/90 or 130/90 sounds interesting. Has anyone tried a set of 700's for 50/50 dirt/pavement, or another advice/option/brand worth trying.. New to the Versys and love it after a cruiser the last 8 years thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2016, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have used the 705s on my Triumph Tiger 800XC. The good news is that they wear extremely well - I have had one rear on my bike for 10,000 miles before changing it and it still had a little tread left. The bad news is that they are scary on the pavement in the rain, but part of that is to be expected because they are very knobby. They also make a lot of road noise, particularly when they are new. They are more like 75/25 dirt/street. The other good news is that they are dirt cheap I got a set of front/rear for my Triumph for less than $150 delivered.

The rear tire is a very stiff carcass, so expect that if you are installing them yourself. My dealer scratched the hell out of the black paint on my rims getting them on - I gave up trying to do it myself and took the rear tire to them for installation. I am changing to the original equipment tires the next change because I want to be safer in the rain on the street. I live in Washington state, so we get a lot of rain here - particularly at this time of year. If I was more of a dirt rider and lived in a drier climate, I would probably stick with them since my bike has ABS and I know their limitations in the rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode